Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Maria Livieratos has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Maria Livieratos has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Family Planning
Dr. Maria Livieratos is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 15
Dr. Livieratos has been my family's doctor for over 10 years now. She is an excellent doctor and one that treats the whole patient. She takes time to listen to what is bothering you. She remembers things from years ago. She follows up (even when it is a day off). I have had excellent care from her and have recommended her to friends.
Be careful in choosing ths dr! Yes, she does have many patients that she sees and she has no problem in letting you know that she has other patients that come first. If you want a dr that will be there for you she is not the one for you. She states her staff are required to pull your chart and document pertinent information in your chart when you call their office but it is not so. Her staff is to be desired and the turnaround has been great. She has had staff problems of getting people in her office with little or no training and some can't even spell. She charges for everything including copies of your medical record and if you want to pay with a credit/debit card she even charges you a fee for processing. She does not have a working fax number. She states that there is a part that is broken in her fax machine. Get it fixed or buy a new fax machine! She requires all correspondence to be mailed. Good luck to those who choose her. You may want to reconsider. I could go on and on with comments but I will let you decide on your own.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2012, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
24 Years Experience
Wayne State University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1994
United States Army Medical Center
Dr. Maria Livieratos accepts the following insurance providers.
- HAP Preferred PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Maria Livieratos in this video.
Dr. Maria Livieratos is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Mayville, MI.