Dr. Maria Lozano Is this you?

3.8

Have you seen Dr. Maria Lozano?

Excellent Psychiatrist

Posted on July 23rd, 2017

Dr. Lozano has a way of putting a person at ease when you step into her office. I was a new patient, and it was my first time seeing a psychiatrist. She patiently listened and took her time during my appointment. Then she discussed the options for treatment with me. She is highly knowledgable and demonstrates sincere care for the patient. She takes a conservative approach and believes in slowly introducing minimal medication. Her office staff are helpful and organized. I highly recommend her!

Really Knows Me

Posted on January 14th, 2017

From the beginning Dr. Lozano knew me by name and remembered our conversations. We had to try a few treatment options until we found the one that works for me. I have been doing well for several years now.

Always willing to help

Posted on September 3rd, 2016

I have been a patient for 10+ years and anytime I have any issues she is so open and willing to work with me. This not only includes how I feel, but also the numerous hassles I have had over the years with the insurance companies. Although sometimes there have been communication issues with some staff members, Nancy is the best staff member to work with and she will go above and beyond to help you with anything you need. Nancy is truly one of the best there is.

Posted on January 12th, 2016

Very nice and professional.

WORST STAFF EVER!!!

Posted on January 6th, 2016

Dr. Lozano is great, very sweet and professional. The wait for your appointment is a little ridiculous though, I've usually wait 45min- 1 hour every time. The office staff on the other hand is a whole different story. This office has THE WORST front office staff ever!!! Even the so called "office manager" is very unprofessional and rude!! Nancy is extremely rude with all patients. It's takes several phone call attempts to get ahold of anyone. I've had about 4 incidents now with the staff that I've had to pay because of their mistakes and I refuse to go back to this office ever again!!! PLEASE REPLACE YOUR STAFF!!!!

Best DR ever

Posted on October 8th, 2015

Dr. Lozano has seen me since I was 21.. I went through a divorce and need the a therapist and her to help me get through all. Y issues departing from my ex husband who hurt me very badly. Dr. Lozano was the only Dr that I have seen in 6 years who I know I could count on. Her receptionist Nancy remembers me and is so very kind. I couldn't have gotten through the bad times with out talking to this dr. It will be sad to move and not have Dr. Lozano these next few years. She's wonderful! I will truly miss her!

Very Professional and Compassionate

Posted on May 14th, 2015

I have been a patient of hers for over 5 years. As a psychiatrist her job is to find all the tools you will need to heal. That includes meds, counseling, etc. If you need counseling she will help you to see a psychologist. Her job is to listen to your symptoms and suggest a plan. If you need someone to listen to your problems, you need a psychologist. The plan that we have in place for me is working and I am improving with time. She schedules 2 appt every 20 minutes. That is the new healthcare system. She has always been professional, kind and compassionate to me, even when I have been emotional. Her office staff has been so kind and have always worked with me, especially Nancy. They always return phone calls. I am very confused about the low ratings Dr Lozano and her office are receiving here. They have worked with my insurance carrier and my attorney in a timely fashion. I could not ask more of them than what I have. Dr. Lozano (and Nancy) have been major players in my success. I am thankful for their help on this journey.

Worst staff ever!!!!

Posted on October 28th, 2014

World class service.. not!! Have been going to dr.lozano for about 5 years now every two months.. Every time I got here it wait at least a hour and her staff is beyond rude!! I have heard them talk about and gossip about clients openly several times, they are short with you and very unprofessional. God forbid you miss an appointment.. You'll have to wait months to get back in! That's great when your medication runs out and you can't get a refill cause you can't see your doctor! I understand it's my fault for missing the appointment but you are in the business of mental health you have got to have a better system than that!!! Lozano herself is decent, however I've been saying for years I can't stand her staff and I'm going to switch doctors. Finally had enough! After an issue at my last appointment I wasn't able to see the doctor and the receptionist working was so rude to me. Then, a mentally handicapped gentleman was next and paying with a check that exceeded the amount of what was owed and he said he wanted to leave it on his account for future use, as he normally does. The receptionist replied "well you need to just make it easier and pay the exact amount. That's just too much extra work for me" the guy was confused and I was so disgusted at how she just treated him. As a receptionist in a high volume clinic myself, I would have need dreamed to talk down to a client like that because it created a tiny bit of extra work for me. You are in the business of customer service, don't like it? Get out. Funny thing is after just walking out the door, the place wasn't busy, I have been trying to call to get the receptionist name. Out of the 10 or so times I've called, half the time the phone has magically been picked up and hung up or just ignored all together! What children are running a PSYCH doctors office and treating clients like that?! I would advise you stay far far away unless Dr. Lozano changes her horrible staff!!!!

Very good psychiatrist

Posted on February 7th, 2014

Dr. Lozano moved to Ft. Dodge, Iowa a couple months ago. I just had my first appointment with her. The clinic where she works is understaffed, so it did take a couple of months to get in to see her. I was 30 to 45 minutes late getting in, but I did not mind because I knew that it meant she was taking time to get to know her patients. She spent a lot of time getting to know my entire history and is very knowledgeable about the medications I am on. I only need to go in to see her twice a year, and I just take something along to keep me occupied while I wait. I was very happy with my visit with her and would highly recommend her. Since I just saw her, I can't rate her on "follows up after visit". She did ask me to send her copies of blood tests my family practice physician is having done on me next month to monitor my blood sugar and triglycerides.

Great doctor, awful staff/scheduling

Posted on April 24th, 2012

Ive been seeing Dr Lozano for almost 8 yeats now. She has always listened to me, even if it isn't medicine related. We have worked through numerous drugs to finally find one I was comfortable with, which is normal with psychiatric medication. Very patient and understanding person, hope never to have to change doctors. The only issue I have is how long I have to wait everytime I go in for a visit. It's very frustrating to walk in 15 minutes early tor my appointment, then notice there's 5 people ahead of me, always waiting to see her. The staff needs to understand that her clients also are busy and have lives, and learn to schedule accordingly.

Posted on February 12th, 2012

This Doctor helped my son at a time he needed someone caring and professional to talk about his issues. She is conservative with prescribing meds,so she wasn't pushing them,She explained its benefits verses no treatment. My son took them for a few weeks and got much better. He no longer needs them now.

HIPAA? What's HIPAA?

Posted on December 27th, 2011

Took my teenage daugther in for an issue, which I conveyed to the office a week beforehand. After waiting 50 minutes PAST our appointment time, a nurse informed us that the doctor refused to see us and did not want to get involved. The nurse then discussed our case within hearing of EVERYONE in the wating room. Can't speak about the doctor herself because we never saw her, but not too happy with her staff.