Dr. Maria N Gomes Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Maria N Gomes?

Great Doctor, but ineffective phone system and messed up hospital protocols..

We saw Dr Gomes in hospital. Completely bright, alert, and brimming with important info about diabetes! In hospital the NURSE copied the Drs RX instructions wrong, and because my husband hadnt been seen for followup as a new patient with the group, they didnt have any of our med records and therefore couldnt spe ak to us. We now kbow we should have called whoevrr was on call at the hospital about the meds. I called some 6 times to this practice, and left extensive messages, and they never returned my call. On the good side, visiting the office was a joy. The staff was pleasant, very good at their jobs, and the office manager gave me her direct line in csse of any future problems. The nurse practitioner is good as well. Dr Gomes spent as LONG as we needed, and she answered our questions thoroughly and concisely. We followed her advice and my husband lowered his blood sugar so much that they removed even the diagnosis of PRE diabetes after a year. All of the fault rested on the nurse at shawnee mission med center..,.and Dr Gomes proved to be an excellent doctor. She has left this office..she now helps the veterans at the VA hospital. She willprobably be the best doc in the entire building. We will miss her!

Don't do it-no follow up, no support, no customer care

Possibly the worst experience my husband and I have had with a provider to date. Dr. Gomes is nice enough and probably capable, but the staff is so inept and/or overworked that it is an exercise in frustration to be "treated" by this group. It took a half a year to get in for a new patient appointment, and then they cancelled and rescheduled last minute. We hoped for expertise, but it is now nearly a year and several thousands of dollars in tests later and still no hope of help for my husband, who continues to suffer. Take my advice and steer clear of Shawnee Mission Endocrinology and Diabetes.

Dr you can trust!

Besides your appointment date it's difficult to place a call to your doctor for advise.