Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Maria P Platia
Dr. Maria P Platia, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Tucson, AZ, with other offices in Tempe, AZ and Tucson, AZ . She has 41 years of experience. Her specialties include Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility and Obstetrics & Gynecology. Dr. Platia has received 1 award. She speaks English.
Dr. Maria P Platia has the following 2 specialties
- Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Maria P Platia has the following 12 expertise
- In Vitro Fertilization (IVF)
- Ovulation Induction
- Adolescent Medicine
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Estrogen Replacement Therapy
- Female Infertility
- Hysteroscopic Surgery
- Hot Flashes
Dr. Maria P Platia has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Maria P Platia is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 7
Dr Platia left no stones unturned while we were trying to conceive,she as well as her staff and colleagues really did make a HUGE difference in our lives.My in vitro fertilization worked on the very first try and thanks to this wonderful doctor,we have a little miracle of our own!!!!!!!!!!!They really made me feel as if I was her only patient!
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
41 Years Experience
University Of Pittsburgh School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1977
Montefiore Medical Center
Dr. Maria P Platia accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of AZ
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana National POS
- Humana Phoenix HMOx
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Maria P Platia in this video.
Dr. Maria P Platia is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Tucson, AZ.