Dr. Maria A Rossell Is this you?

3.9

Have you seen Dr. Maria A Rossell?

Needs Improvement

Appointments are not timely. Office staff is rude and unprofessional.

She, along with her staff, are not well versed in organic and more naturophathic treatments. She is an advocate for Enfamil and Similac products. I firmly believe that a pediatrician should educate you on ALL the options available(including organic products) for your baby. Like that, parents can make a more informed decision on what they want for their child. I mean, she is affiliated with Texas Chilren's Hospital. They're supposed to be the best, right? (sarcasm). She kept recommending formulas that were making my baby sick (all produced by Similac or Enfamil. All containing Martek's DHA. Organic brands list Martek's DHA as LifeDHA. It's the same thing. Research this! It's scary what they're doing to infant formula!! ). He had horrible GI issues (vomitting, diarrhea, constipation, rash on his face, crusty/scabby ears, gagging on reflux, not sleeping well, loss of appetite, and blood in stool). I ended up switching him to Baby's Only Lactorelief Formula and he was a happy, normal baby within 1 week! He's been on it for 2 months now and still doing well. The only down-side is that you have to order bulk from Whole Foods at 6pk for $70. Try it if you're baby's having similar issues. There are other non-organic brands that don't have Martkek's DHA but I prefer a more natural product.I'm completely fine with the price because she had him on PurAmino, a hypoallergenic formula (made by Enfamil) that was $40/can. That's right, each can was $40 and it was done in 1 week. You never get to speak to a doctor after hours, only nurses. They always conclude that you have to take your baby to the ER. Once you're at the ER, they send you home and say there's nothing they can do. So, you have to schedule a follow-up with her. It's very tiring and frustrating. During visits, she's always in a rush. You have to have your questions ready or you won't get a chance to ask because she'll be out the door. I will be fair and say that it's relatively easy to make appointments, they have emergency Saturday consultations, and the wait time is less than 20min. So, that's a plus. However, it's not enough to convince me to stay with her. I'm currently looking for another pediatrician that adheres to a more naturopathic approach.

Wow! After reading the last review, I feel the need to write. I have been taking my 2kids to this doctor for 13 years. She has given my kids antibiotics when I thought it was nothing and has been very good at catching things. She is a really compassionate and kind doctor that takes a great deal of interest in her patients. My older daughter finally had to stop seeing her because she was in college. She was sad. My younger daughter still has 5 more years because she has to stop seeing Dr. Rossell. I think we are lucky to have her.

Do Not take your BABIES to her..

I would have my appointment made for my kids and still be there for hours... last time i went there i had a 2p.m appt and didn't get seen until about 4 and didn't get out until almost 5!!! I was there atleast twice a week with my six month old child. She always says "its a virus or he is too small to be given anything...until it would get really bad and then she would give him an antibotic when at this point he probably should have been in the hospital. She rushes thru the appt because she has too many patients in one day. $25 everytime i went to see her because she didn't know how to diagnose. I trusted this doctor and she did not do her job. The only thing this doctor ever used was her thermometer and stetascope.(spell).. never did she say lets run test or xrays etc. Finally, going with my gut and lots of people telling me to switch doctors, I went to a new doctor. As soon as she saw my son breathing she took his oxygen level and rushed him to the hospital, something Dr.Rosell never tried. My little boy is one strong 8 month old going thru all that and pulling thru. The outcome could have been worse because that is how bad his lungs where from doctor rossell never giving him correct treatment or test. And trust me I am not the first parent this has happen too... Do Not put yourself or your babies thru what I have gone thru..choose another doctor!