Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Maria E Samsonov
Dr. Maria E Samsonov, MD is a Doctor primarily located in San Bruno, CA. She has 20 years of experience. Her specialties include Internal Medicine and Nephrology. Dr. Samsonov is affiliated with Queen of the Valley Medical Center. Dr. Samsonov has received 3 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Maria E Samsonov has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A nephrologist is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions affecting the kidneys or renal system.
A nephrologist will determine through urine analysis, blood test, X-ray, sonogram, or kidney biopsy how well the kidneys are functioning and will then prescribe a special diet and exercise program, medication or dialysis - a process by which a machine filters the blood when the kidney is no longer capable of doing so.
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Chronic Renal Disease
- Kidney Biopsy
- Peritoneal Dialysis
Showing 5 of 16
Warning! Though the doctor was pleasant, tests and shots were given without consulting me about fees and copays that I would incur. Even more importantly, the doctor was not willing to change meds when they weren't working for me. After 3 months of inadequate communication and feeling increasingly worse, I ended up seeing a specialist and was immediately prescribed a simpler (and less expensive!) medication that worked for me. Communication was terrible and required many office visits (and copays) to just ask questions. It was very frustrating being her patient. She seemed too busy with herself. I felt that she was indifferent and uncaring. This is my first review of any doctor, but I felt that I needed to warn others.
Patients' Choice Award (2009, 2016, 2008, 2011, 2010, 2015, 2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2009, 2014, 2010, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2012)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
Dr. Samsonov is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
20 Years Experience
University Of Pittsburgh School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1998
Dr. Maria E Samsonov accepts the following insurance providers.
- Kaiser Permanente
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsKaiser Permanente, 901 El Camino Real, San Bruno, CA
Dr. Maria E Samsonov is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Bruno, CA.