Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- HIV/AIDS The differences between HIV & AIDS; signs, symptoms & complications.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Shingles Facts about shingles, including symptoms & possible long-term effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Maria Savoia
Maria Savoia, MD is a Doctor primarily located in La Jolla, CA. She has 39 years of experience. Her specialties include Infectious Disease and Internal Medicine. Maria Savoia is affiliated with UCSD Medical Center, Hillcrest, U C S D Med Ctr -Hillcrest, San Diego, Ca and UC San Diego Medical Center in Hillcrest.
Maria Savoia has the following 2 specialties
- Infectious Disease
An infectious disease specialist has specialized training in the diagnosis and treatment of contagious diseases.
Infectious diseases, also known as contagious or transmissible diseases, are those that stem from pathogen from a host organism. These infections may spread to other carriers through physical touch, airborne inhalation, bodily fluids or contaminated foods.
Infectious disease specialists identify whether the disease is caused by bacteria, a virus, a fungus or a parasite often through blood tests and then determine what course of treatment, if any, is necessary.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Maria Savoia has the following 8 expertise
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- HIV Infections
- Hepatitis C
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV/AIDS)
Maria Savoia has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Maria Savoia is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Savoia is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
UCSD Medical Center, Hillcrest
U C S D Med Ctr -Hillcrest, San Diego, Ca
UC San Diego Medical Center in Hillcrest
UCSD Thornton Hospital, La Jolla
UC San Diego Thornton Hospital in La Jolla
UC San Diego Health System
UC San Diego Health System
Promise Hospital San Diego
San Diego Veterans Affairs Medical Center
39 Years Experience
Graduated in 1976
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsUC San Diego Health - Perlman Medical Offices, 9350 Campus Point Drive, La Jolla, CA
Maria Savoia is similar to the following 3 Doctors near La Jolla, CA.