Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Maria T Garcia has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 29
Dr. Garcia is a wonderful family physician. She spends much more time with you than your average doctor and I trust her medical opinion. She is very open to alternative methods of healing (eg. acupuncture.) I feel very frustrated at times with the staff and scheduling in areas such as obtaining referrals and lab results. Hold times on the phone can be extensive.
In it for the money couldn't care less about their patients. Tales a minimum of 3 days of constant phone calls before they return your message, their phone system is set up that you cannot get in contact with a real person unless you have a "serious medical emergency." Staff is uncourteous and it isn't unusual to be waiting an hour after your scheduled appointment time to get in to the office where the doctor will spend 10 minutes and write the prescription. After 10+ doctors visits over the last 6 months I have had enough, I will be switching to somewhere that my doctor or nurse or anyone in the office will reply to the mandatory message you must leave if you have any hope of getting a call back.
I love Maria. She is a sweetheart and knows her stuff. One thing I don't like is how She, and ALL Doctors, for that matter - love to PUSH certain medications down your throat. (Incentive purposes, I assume. Lol.) But, I say no about 25x and she gets the point. Lol. Great bedside manner by all staff. Can't say much about the tellers in the front. They're kind of nasty and make you uncomfortable. But they're just miserable with their own life so they can kick rocks.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2014, 2011, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016, 2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Garcia is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
23 Years Experience
University Of Medicine And Dentistry Of New Jersey Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
Graduated in 1995
Dr. Maria T Garcia accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER1
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Health Garden State
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- QualCare HMO
- QualCare PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsPrime Care Medical Group, 561 Middlesex Ave, Metuchen, NJ
Dr. Maria T Garcia is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Metuchen, NJ.