Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you. ttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Maria T Tam has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Maria T Tam has the following 18 expertise
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Gynecologic Surgical Procedures
- Birth Control
- Child Birth
- Pap Smear
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Women's Health
- Hot Flashes
- Minimally Invasive Surgical Procedures
- Menstrual Pain
- Pelvic Pain
- Pelvic Exam
- STD (Sexually Transmitted Diseases)
Dr. Maria T Tam has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Maria T Tam is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 25
Dr Tam and her staff were so patient and kind with my mom. My mom is elderly and had to have a emergency procedure, she was detailed and communicated every step of procedure to patient and family. I thank her for relieving my mom's pain and reassuring me that all shall be well, surgery was a success.
Dr. Tam and her staff was friendly and very personable from my first appointment. Dr. Tam took the the time to explain everything to me regarding my condition and asked several times if I had any additional questions. I was thoroughly impressed to the point of changing doctors and traveling a considerable distance to visit Dr. Tam. The staff is very friendly and welcome each guest upon arrival.
I really like all the electronic capabilities of this practice. I was reminded by e-mail and text about my visit. When I checked it, very nice Mac computer at front desk & very nice receptionist! Dr. Tam brought in her Apple laptop to get my history. The exam itself was easy and comfortable. She's so nice and explained everything she's doing to me.Then I checked out and given a unique ID # to check my PAP result which I checked out in 2 days. Amazing!!!
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2017)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Tam is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
St Joseph Hospital
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsPong Medical Center, 5151 N Lincoln Ave, Chicago, IL
Dr. Maria T Tam is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Chicago, IL.