Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Maria L Thrall has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
- Women's Health
- Sports Medicine
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 14
I went in for anxiety/panic. She told me it was in my head. Literally, those were her words. She was cold hearted and those words made me feel horrible, alone and afraid. I know better and later it made me angry she said that. Thankfully I am strong enough to get through these moments of anxiety and going to the doctor just doesn't help. It's like I am looked down upon and they want to immediately put me on a 24/7 anti anxiety pill after seeing me for only 5 minutes. How about a recommendation or follow up first, talk to me a bit, anything??? I felt like a number. She was the worst.
She's courteous and professional. She listened well to my concerns. Then after exam, she gave me follow-up tests for proper evaluation & diagnosis. She knew I was depressed even though I was in denial. She knew when to pull back and change topics like she sent me for a blood tests and told me that when I got back she'd like to talk to me some more. Even though I was inappropriately difficult, she remained compassionate and professional. She got me to agree to take a first ever psyche drug. I have to admit, she was right! For the first time in a long time, I'm not anxious or depressed. I can't begin to thank her enough! :)
20 Years Experience
University Of Minnesota Medical School
Graduated in 1998
University Of Minnesota Health Care System
Dr. Maria L Thrall accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MN Blue Cross Accord
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
HealthPartners - MN
- HealthPartners MN CareChoices
- HealthPartners MN CentraChoice
- HealthPartners MN Distinctions II
- HealthPartners Open Access
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Preferred One PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Medica Choice
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsPark Nicollet Clinic Shakopee, 1415 Saint Francis Ave, Shakopee, MN
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Maria L Thrall in this video.
Dr. Maria L Thrall is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Shakopee, MN.