Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Maria R Tirona
Dr. Maria R Tirona, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Huntington, WV, with another office in Huntington, WV. She has 37 years of experience. Her specialties include Hematology & Oncology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Tirona is affiliated with Cabell Huntington Hospital. Dr. Tirona has received 1 award. She speaks English.
Dr. Maria R Tirona has the following 2 specialties
- Hematology & Oncology
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Hodgkin's Lymphoma
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Blood Cancer
- Interventional Oncology
Showing 5 of 6
Very knowledgable, friendly, and showed genuine concern with my care. Took time to sit down and answer every question until she was sure I understood. Wait time is long, but it is because she sits with her patients, listens to you, and goes over your care very well. She doesn't make you feel like she needs to see you and move on to the next patient. Wonderful Dr!
Dr. Tirona is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
37 Years Experience
University Of The East/Ramon Magsaysay Memorial Medical Center
Graduated in 1981
Dr. Maria R Tirona accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Maria R Tirona in this video.
Dr. Maria R Tirona is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Huntington, WV.