Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Maria V Ruiz
Dr. Maria V Ruiz, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Madison, WI. Her specialties include Emergency Medicine. She speaks English.
Dr. Maria V Ruiz has the following 1 specialty
- Emergency Medicine
An emergency physician is a doctor who is an expert in handling conditions of an urgent and extremely dangerous nature. These specialists work in the emergency room (ER) departments of hospitals where they oversee cases involving cardiac distress, trauma, fractures, lacerations and other acute conditions.
Emergency physicians are specially trained to make urgent life-saving decisions to treat patients during an emergency medical crisis. These doctors diagnose and stabilize patients before they are either well enough to be discharged, or transferred to the appropriate department for long-term care.
Dr. Maria V Ruiz has the following 3 expertise
Dr. Maria V Ruiz has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 2 of 6
Never did a physical exam while in the er. Was more interested in labeling me as drug seeking junkie than helping me. My Dr sent me to the er and every excuse was given from Dr Ruiz of denying to do any tests on me. Severe lack of quality of care by this dr. If She's working when your at Meriter, turn around walk out.
I came to the ER at 6:30 am and was probably Dr Diaz first patient of her shift. My symptoms were acute influenza, Headache, shortness of breath, earache, muscle pain, coughing (told Dr my sputum was green and blood tinged) I had a chest X-ray (was told it was neg) given a albuterol inhaler, and ear drops to lessen the pain .I have no complains on the tests done nor the medication ordered at the time.. The actual physical exam was marginal. My reason for writing this review is that when I went for a follow up with my primary MD. He noted that in Dr Diaz report to him she stated that she explained the benefits of tumaflu and that I refused a prescription. So very false . She actually sat there and told both ,me and my husband she did not think Tumaflu was effective. Why would she write that false statement to my primary?. To me it appeared she was just trying to cover her butt. (Please excuse the frank term) For informational purposes , at my f/u vist to my primary , he prescribed an antibiotic for a sinus infection , assumed already present at my ER visit. Dr. Ruiz made me feel as though my ER visit was like a social call and so really sincere concern regarding my symptoms. I fall into a rather high risk group of influenza patients , being over 80 years of age.
Dr. Maria V Ruiz accepts the following insurance providers.
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
Locations & DirectionsMeriter Hospital, 202 S Park St, Madison, WI
Dr. Maria V Ruiz is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Madison, WI.