Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Maria R Yee has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Geriatric Medicine
A geriatric specialist is a physician who treats the elderly population and the conditions that most commonly affect them. These doctors have special training in the effects of aging on the body and mind of a patient.
Geriatric specialists treat common ailments faced by senior citizens, such as frailty, incontinence, memory problems, arthritis, senility, decreased functioning and more.
In addition, geriatric specialists keep abreast of the different medications that an elderly person is prescribed to treat their more complex health issues in order to decrease adverse side effects and avoid dangerous drug interactions.
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Sleep Disorders
- Mental Illness
- Personality Disorder
- Manic Depressive Disorder
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
I was suppose to see her today but because her office personal is stupid, they did not tell her I was there so she never saw me, now I have to wait 2 months to see this dr. who I think is not very competent as far as I have read about her. I can't believe that a mental health facility would operate like this,
Dr Yee more or less coerced my mother into putting my father in the hospital for "observation" since she can only see her patients every other week (twice/month). His only symptoms were slight memory loss and some fatigue. He was admitted into some type of program designed for advanced alzheimer's patients, yet Dr Yee never disclosed any this nor did she brief or educate the family on what her objectives were.I personally believe that there was a financial motivation on Dr Yee's part. The hospital has a brand new 25 bed wing for geriatric patients and only 4 other patients were there.(4 older ladies with advanced alzheimer's, God help em). Lotsa beds, very few patients....no wonder Dr Yee wanted to admit him, he had great insurance!Needless to say, after 24 hours we became enlightened as to what that hospital wing was designed for and the ironic thing is that while she wanted him admitted to observe" him, she went on vacation the day after he was admitted.I'm very disappointed that she not only misdiagnosed my father, but also recommended a needless and very disruptive hospitalization that created turmoil for the family.Dr Yee can also come across as condescending and mildly combative, maybe it's just her personality, I realize that she's had years of study in her field. However I think she failed in this instance in regards to her professional obligations and I cannot recommend her based on that experience.
37 Years Experience
University Of The Philippines
Graduated in 1981
Temple University Health System
Dr. Maria R Yee accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMaria Ruiza A Yee Md, 719 Elm St, Murray, KY
Dr. Maria R Yee is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Murray, KY.