Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Mariam Z Maniya
Dr. Mariam Z Maniya, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Trenton, NJ. Her specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Maniya is affiliated with Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital at Hamilton. Dr. Maniya has received 2 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Mariam Z Maniya has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 39
Honestly, I do NOT understand how this physician managed to receive such high ratings! The wait time in her office is absolutely ridiculous -- 60-90 minutes (sometimes even longer); the cleanliness of the examination rooms is substandard (to say the least), and leaves much to be desired (for example, ALL of them should have clean, functional sinks, not just a few bottles of hand sanitizer); the doctor's bedside manner also leaves much to be desired -- she is abrupt, brusque, impatient, inattentive, dismissive, and somewhat condescending and haughty. The ONLY saving grace is the courtesy of the staff, and the ease of scheduling and rescheduling appointments. Otherwise, I STRONGLY suggest bypassing this particular physician, because she most definitely does NOT deserve such high ratings.
Patients' Choice Award (2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Top 10 Doctor - City (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Dr. Maniya is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Carilion Health System
Dr. Mariam Z Maniya accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry DE PPO
- First Health PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER1
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Health Garden State
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- QualCare HMO
- QualCare PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMariam Maniya Md, 941 White Horse Ave Ste 5, Trenton, NJ
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Mariam Z Maniya in this video.
Dr. Mariam Z Maniya is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Trenton, NJ.