Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Marian Demeny
Dr. Marian Demeny, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Elmhurst, NY. She has 43 years of experience. Her specialties include Allergy and Immunology and Pediatrics. Dr. Demeny is affiliated with North Shore University Hospital, New York Presbyterian / Westchester and NewYork-Presbyterian / Weill Cornell. She speaks English.
Dr. Marian Demeny has the following 2 specialties
- Allergy and Immunology
An allergy & immunology specialist is a physician who is specially trained in matters pertaining to chronic and acute allergies, as well as deficiencies of the immune system. The doctor will determine whether an allergy, which attacks our immune system, is present. They'll also determine the cause, whether it be environmental triggers like trees and pollen, food-borne like peanuts and dairy, the venom of insects like bees, or a medication like penicillin.
In addition to determining the allergen causing an immunological response in a patient, the specialist will treat the symptoms caused by the reaction.
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Food Allergies
- Hay Fever
- Hay Fever (Seasonal Allergic Rhinitis)
- Nasal Allergies
- Nasal Allergy (Rhinitis)
- Watery Eyes
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
This has been the worse doctor I have ever seen in my entrire life. She has no manners, was very rude to my wife. She refused to send my primary doctor the outcome of my examination. My daughter tried to get the reports from this doctor, the doctor told her she does not speak to "the service", to speak to her secretary. I still dont know what is causing my allergies. My doctor is referring me to another allergist. For your own good, DO NOT SEE THIS DOCTOR.
Dr. Demeny is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
New York Presbyterian / Westchester
NewYork-Presbyterian / Weill Cornell
New York-Presbyterian Hospital / Morgan Stanley Children's Hospital
New York Presbyterian Hospital / Columbia
North Shore/Long Island Jewish Hospital System - Franklin Hospital Med Ctr
North Shore University Hospital-The Sandra Atlas Bass Campus
Forest Hills Hospital
Peninsula Hospital Center
Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center
North Shore Univ Hosp At Forest Hills
43 Years Experience
New York University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1973
Dr. Marian Demeny accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- First Health PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Healthfirst NY HMO ABCD
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsQUEENS LONG ISLAND MEDICAL GROUP, 8615 Queens Blvd, Elmhurst, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Marian Demeny in this video.
Dr. Marian Demeny is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Elmhurst, NY.