Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Marianne C Labarbera
Dr. Marianne C Labarbera, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Staten Island, NY, with another office in Staten Island, NY. She has 35 years of experience. Her specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Labarbera is affiliated with Staten Island University Hospital. She speaks English.
Dr. Marianne C Labarbera has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 10
Dr Labarbera seems quite competent, is nice -- if brusque -- though in the more than a year my wife and I were her patients she never once remembered past issues/status. After speaking with her about blood tests for several months -- in part because I've been a vegan for 7 years -- the Dr earnestly advised me my results would be better if I cut back on my red meat intake.Her staff, though, are a disaster. Trying to get an appointment is the first hurdle, but if you need a referral, a prescription handled by their office, paper work forwarded, even a copy of test results, you can look forward to a week of daily calls, attempts to dissuade you from persisting with requests, half an hour waits on hold, and likely being hung up on. My wife couldn't see a Doctor she was referred to because every time she made an appointment with the specialist, Labarbera's staff failed to forward the needed paperwork to either the specialist or the insurance company. It took literally three months and three failed appointments before Dr. Labarbera had to phone the specialist personally in our presence to fix the mess. One thing the Doctor is fastidious about: all prescription refills must come from a (paid) office visit. And watch out for the weekly nerve tester who everyone gets referred to. There's also a surprise co-pay with that.Wait times are very long, but mostly because the Doctor sees so many patients. She has 4 or 5 clinical rooms, and they are always all filled. Bring a book.After about a year my wife and I just decided to walk away. We don't expect our new doctors will ever get hold of our Medical records.
Dr. Labarbera is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
35 Years Experience
Universidad Autonoma De Guadalajara
Graduated in 1983
Flushing Hospital Medical Center
Dr. Marianne C Labarbera accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Marianne C Labarbera in this video.
Dr. Marianne C Labarbera is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Staten Island, NY.