Learn about the symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Marianne E Sommerville has the following 2 specialties
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Hot Flashes
Showing 5 of 5
My friend and I both had this doctor at the same time with our first pregnancy. I have never been so displeased with a healthcare professional in my entire life and I have had some pretty bad ones. Dr. Sommerville told me that it was fine that I wasn't able to eat and even encouraged it because it meant I was losing weight. Once I finally started to gain weight after losing 14lbs, at 20 weeks along, she was angry about it. My friend had a similar issue, Dr. Sommerville told her she was gaining too much, and unlike me she was severely underweight to begin with because she suffered from an eating disorder. I got a call from her after her appointment with her sobbing and had to calm her down. I get that weight is a big issue however it seems like this doctor is weight obsessed. We both switched to a midwife who never seemed to be concerned with either of our weights, instead she just promoted eating healthy and exercising. We both went on to have beautiful and healthy children. I always make sure to tell any newly pregnant women to stay away from this doctor. I don't know how she is an ob/gyn with her horrible bedside manners. 2 years later and I still remember the experience.
32 Years Experience
University Of California Davis School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1986
Lac Usc Medical Center
Dr. Marianne E Sommerville accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsNYU Langone Medical Center, 550 1st Ave, New York, NY
Dr. Marianne E Sommerville is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.