Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Marianthi Kiriakidou
Dr. Marianthi Kiriakidou, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Bala Cynwyd, PA, with other offices in Philadelphia, PA and Philadelphia, PA . Her specialties include Rheumatology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Kiriakidou is affiliated with Penn Presbyterian Medical Center and Abington Jefferson Health. She speaks English.
Dr. Marianthi Kiriakidou has the following 2 specialties
A rheumatologist is a physician who has received extensive training in diagnosing and treating rheumatic conditions. Rheumatic conditions involve the joints, soft tissues, autoimmune system, vascular system, and connective tissues.
Some of the conditions that rheumatologists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, sarcoidosis, vasculitis, and lupus. These are all conditions that involve a lot of pain and make mobility difficult. Rheumatologists use medications, such as analgesics, NSAIDs, steroids, DMARDs, infliximab, and adalimumab, as well as occupational therapy, in order to decrease pain and improve a patient's quality of life.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Marianthi Kiriakidou has the following 8 expertise
- Rheumatic Diseases
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Hip Osteoarthritis
Dr. Marianthi Kiriakidou has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 5
I have been seeing Dr. Kiriakidou since 2005, I gave up all of my other doctors and followed her from Penn to Jefferson recently, she is that good. Dr. Kiriakidou is very caring and listens to her patients, she is very good at diagnostics, and has always been proactive with my treatment. When I was in a crisis condition, she was able to modify her schedule to give me an appointment. I know she has seen other doctor's patients during her lunch hour because they were late due to a personal emergency and their doctor had left. I have never left her office with unanswered questions, or confusion about the go-forward plan and things to watch for. At Jefferson, the front office staff are about the same as Penn, but the Rheumatology Nurse is much better about responding. Dr. Kiriakidou also works very well with my other specialists and primary care physicians. She reportedly writes very good notes, and is good with follow-up.
Dr. Kiriakidou is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
U S Department Of Veterans Affairs
Dr. Marianthi Kiriakidou accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital Blue Cross
- Capital BC PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
Geisinger Health Plan
- Geisinger Health Plan
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER2
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- IBC Keystone HMO POS
- IBC Personal Choice PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- QualCare HMO
- QualCare PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Marianthi Kiriakidou is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Bala Cynwyd, PA.