Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Marie C Gelato
Dr. Marie C Gelato, MD is a Doctor primarily located in East Setauket, NY. She has 39 years of experience. Her specialties include Internal Medicine and Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism. Dr. Gelato is affiliated with Stonybrook University Hospital. Dr. Gelato has received 4 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Marie C Gelato has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Thyroid Diseases
- Addison Disease
- Pituitary Diseases
- Weight Loss
- HIV Wasting Syndrome
- Cushing Disease
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Insulin Resistance
- Adrenal Gland Diseases
- Gland Issues
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 31
She may follow up and return calls, but she refuses to listen. I do not have much respect for a doctor that will tell you to "suck it up" and take the lower dosage anyway, even if you do not have any related symptoms and the test could show false results due to other medical issues. Tests can give inaccurate results and when a doctor refuses to listen to a patient it puts the patient's life in jeopardy.
Top Doctors: New York Metro Area (2017)
Castle Connolly Top Doctors: New York Metro Area™ are specialists and primary care physicians who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top physicians in the New York Metro Area who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise.
Patients' Choice Award (2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Gelato is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
39 Years Experience
Michigan State University College Of Human Medicine
Graduated in 1979
N I H W G Magnuson Cli Center
Dr. Marie C Gelato accepts the following insurance providers.
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsRisk Reduction Disease Management Center, 26 Research Way, East Setauket, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Marie C Gelato in this video.
Dr. Marie C Gelato is similar to the following 3 Doctors near East Setauket, NY.