Dr. Marie C Gelato Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Marie C Gelato?

Doctor refuses to listen to patient's concerns.

She may follow up and return calls, but she refuses to listen. I do not have much respect for a doctor that will tell you to "suck it up" and take the lower dosage anyway, even if you do not have any related symptoms and the test could show false results due to other medical issues. Tests can give inaccurate results and when a doctor refuses to listen to a patient it puts the patient's life in jeopardy.

She refuses to listen to you. It is only about the test results. She changes your medication amount based on the results only and does not listen if you have no symptoms related to the results. She puts patients lives in jeopardy when she refuses to listen. Tests results can be wrong.

Patient

I love Dr. Gelato! I have been a patient for many years.

Dr. Marie Gelato is a caring and supportive person/Doctor. She met my mother once, unfortunately, my mom had a setback when Dr. Gelato heard she was in the hospital and her condition she called us several times to find out how my mom was doing. SHE IS AWESOME AND I LOVE HER SO MUCH.

Dr Gelato takes her time with you and always gets it right! Highly recommend her

Dr Gelato

Staff is very friendly and takes care of paper work. Dr Gelato is very kind, soft spoken, listens to you and gives you her time. I have recommended her to others numerous times.

Wonderful doctor. Experienced, knowledgable, gets things done. The kind of doctor who you know will do her very best.

Doctor's Response

Thank you. You've seen what I do best! And I believe that working hard for patients is the biggest reward a doctor can have.

I found this physician to be knowlegable and very experienced with a wide variety of endocrine problems. She went far beyond what I have experienced with any other doctor, for example, she did not hesitate to pick up the phone and make sure that testing was done in a timely fashion. She followed up well and listened. She is at a teaching hospital and that means that she did have Fellows with her at times and they do a significant part of the work. But this does not mean that she relies upon them solely and I was still able to interact with her when that was the case.

Doctor's Response

Thanks! I'm very sensitive to the fact that my patients are MY patients. Fellows do collaborate with me on cases, but every patient sees me. I followup. I call. I make sure things get done. The fellows are full-fledged doctors who are working with me to complete a sub-specialty training in Endocrinology. They are very thorough and have a good sense of medicine overall. It's definitely a plus to have them working with me for your benefit.

don't waste your time....

Doctor's Response

I wish you would have told me how you felt when I was in the room. It sounds like I wasn't addressing your issues. Perhaps we were not on the same page as to what the issue was. This is why I ask patients, "Do you have any other questions or concerns? Do you have anything you want to tell me that I haven't asked you?" Please give me a call if you have any unanswered questions. I'd like to make every attempt possible to address your concerns.

Dr. Marie C Gelato is similar to the following 3 Doctors near East Setauket, NY.