Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Marie James has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
Dr. Marie James has the following 3 expertise
- Hot Flashes
- Plastic Surgery (Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery)
Dr. Marie James has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 18
I'm Pregnant with my first child. My first visit I waited an Hour. Just to see the nurse. Each visit after that I waited more then an hour. she was rude to my Boyfriend. She has a curtain to block you from the door. She doesn't spend time with you. She overall lazy does what she needs to and leaves. Never let me ask questions. Her Staff (Reception, Medical assistant, and nurse) probably the only thing good about the office. On top of that She doesn't even have the proper Urine Sample Cups.
I read a great review on this office... Well the review was a lie. I waited for over an hour to see the doctor. When I finally got in the office, I was given a cover up that had a not so nice smell. I waited on the table for about 30 mins. When the door finally open, I heard a voice behind the shower curtain(yes it was a shower curtain) saying I will be right with you. 20 mins later the visit started. I asked her questioned in which she didn't answer at all. I asked to have blood work done so that I may be tested but no blood was taken.. I probably wouldn't have trusted them to take my blood anyhow but they were so unprofessional My appointment was over a week ago and I still have not received my prescription for my birth control or my lab work.. I have called the office many times and was given the run around. I was told to go to my pharmacy and pick up my birth control. I've been to the pharmacy 3 times and its not there.
Dr. James is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Medical Center Of Arlington
22 Years Experience
Mount Sinai School Of Medicine Of New York University
Graduated in 1991
Maimonides Medical Center
Dr. Marie James accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsRiverhead Health Center, 300 Center Dr, Riverhead, NY
Dr. Marie James is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Riverhead, NY.