3.4

Have you seen Dr. Marie L Christensen?

Less than thrilled

She should not be a physician, as she has no bedside manner and seems not to care about her patients' well being. Maybe she has personal problems that I'm unaware of, but she seems to have no compassion or warmth. However, everyone else in her office is wonderful.

just wants money

slow service with poor communication

HORRIBLE DOCTOR....DO NOT GO TO HER!

I encourage people to AVOID Dr. Christensen and the entire office in general. The staff is so rude and everyone includinDr. Christensen are just so incompetent. My brother went to her for a bad cough and was diagnosed with bronchitis. When deciding what to put him on for a medication she went a head a double checked his medication allergies. She prescribes a cough syrup and sends us on our way. It was at the pharmacy when we were informed she had prescribed my brother a cough syrup that had a main ingredient WE JUST TOLD HER he was allergic to, so the pharmacy refused to fill it. The pharmacy then tried calling the office questioning the medication she prescribed and this was impossible because this office in general is IMPOSSIBLE to be reached and they never return phone calls. We went back to the office to get a new script and she refused to come out and see us and sent Barimo to cover her mess, in which they told us we were overreacting because it was no big deal taking a medication you are allergic to. WHAT?!?! ARE YOU SERIOUS?!?! This office needs to be reevaluated by the state to see if it should even be running. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND ANYONE TO STAY AWAY FROM THIS OFFICE.

Beyond Helpful

I had just moved to town and was looking for a new primary care physician, I came across Dr, Christensen through my insurance company. I made an appointment despite the reviews I had read because I have learned that people will take the time to complain but it is rare that someone will take the time to say something nice. I made an appointment to become acquainted with the office and get a reference for a specialist, I arrived early for my appointment and filled out the paper work the staff was friendly and helpful. A short 5 minutes after I handed in my paper work a nurse called me back, she took my vitals, we chatted, and the doctor came right in! No wait time. Dr, Christensen gave me a quick exam and asked me if I had anything bothering me, we discussed a few things that I had concerns about. She took the time to get to know me and she was beyond helpful! I do not have one complaint about my visit and I am grateful to have found a physician who is caring and understanding.

Not worth the wait

Dr. Christensen is quick and relatively to the point during her doctor visits. She is not the friendliest or most insightful doctor either. Some people may not like this however I am fine with it. The most irritating thing is that you ALWAYS wait for at least 50 minutes in the waiting room no matter what time of day of the appointment or type of appointment. After this, I typically wait 30 minutes in the back to even see her. This has never changed and I finally realize that it never will. I will no longer be coming here. It is not worth the wait time.

Dr. Christensen is quiet and is not that easy to talk to. She listens to salient points and weighs them judiciously. Her bedside manner would not be mine. She does call personally if follow-up is warranted. I've proposed treatment options that stray from her first recommendations and she has been willing to alter the treatment plan whenever it is medically prudent to allow such flexibility. Her knowledge of current medications seems current and in depth. Do I feel warm and fuzzy when I leave her? No. Do I feel like I've had a fair hearing and competent advise? Yes.

Dr. Christensen shows a lack of interest in patient concerns and her profession, in general. Brushes almost every symptom off as "stress-related" instead of ordering basic lab draws. A note about the nursing staff: As an RN, I can tell you that the unsupervised nursing students they send in to do your vital signs fabricated my blood pressure reading, neglected to take my pulse and charted values for both which went unverified by a licensed RN or LPN. Very disappointed in the care I received.

My experience with this Dr. Christensen

First of all, the staff at this office are very rude most of the time and you feel as if you are intruding on them.Can't seem to get a callback in a timely manner. The doctor does not seem to know much about medicine and is constantly referring to her manuals while you are in the room with her. She is very condescending and has, basically, no emphathy for her patients. She is always right and you are always wrong. The exam is just barely adequate. When you call the office to have them refill a prescritiion and are told that it will be done that day, it never is. Repeated phone calls for days are usually the norm for getting precriptions filled. Have been with this doctor for several years but don't really know why. Have lived in other states and never had the issues that I am having with this office. They are more like a business than an office of caring doctors and staff.

Extremely discourteous staff

I made an appointment for my wife, and was told that she needed to bring driver's license and insurance card. Since I had just added her to my insurance she did not yet have a card, but took the letter from the insurance company that stated the change of coverage. The receptionist (whose name I'll be kind enough to withhold) was very rude to my wife and wouldn't even look at the letter. My wife called me from the office on her cell phone, and I asked her to hand the phone to the receptionist. The receptionist refused, later telling me that they are not allowed to take patient's cell phones. (As if that's a situation that occurs often enough to have an official policy about it.) When I called the office, I was also treated with a hostile and defensive attitude. Dr. Christensen might be a fine doctor, but we'll never go back to find out thanks to her ignorant and rude staff member.

I would not recommend this doctor. Very unfriendly.

Dr. Marie L Christensen is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Winter Park, FL.