Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Marie Macarubbo has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Marie Macarubbo has the following 2 expertise
- Preventive Medicine
- Women's Health
Dr. Marie Macarubbo has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 14
Dr Macarubbo and her team are the best. Dr Macurubbo takes care of my whole family. she is excellent provider. Very easy to talk to. Mary her MA is also very nice. Very easy to communicate to the team. The health on line is excellent way to communicate. You are able to see lab results , send messages to the team and etc.
The best doctor . Very thorough in her examination. She is definitely an internist and when she finds something wrong she dealt on it promptly. She is also one that when referral is needed, she wont delay it. She is very nice, she listened to you attentively and explained to you thoroughly the diagnosis and her plans. Unfortunately its very hard to get her as a provider. She is not accepting new patient , as her practice is always full.
Went to Dr Macarubbo with pain and swelling in one of my toes. She did not seem to care. She said it was nothing and would go away. I told her it had been like that for months and it was getting unbearable to wear shoes. Frustrated with me, she said go to the store and buy some Selson Blue (shampoo) and soak my toe in it. She refused to do anything more until I tried her recommendation. Needless to say IT DID NOT WORK!!! I never went back to her after being treated that way. My toe had a fungus that spread to 9 of my 10 toes :( I eventually had to have treatment for my toes... and it will be something I battle for the rest of my life! It went untreated for too long... get a NEW doctor you will not regret it!
Dr. Macarubbo is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Memorial Medical Center Modesto
Doctors Medical Center of Modesto
29 Years Experience
University Of The Philippines Manila
Graduated in 1984
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions600 Coffee Rd, Modesto, CA
Dr. Marie Macarubbo is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Modesto, CA.