Autism Spectrum Disorder
Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), including the different types and the most common symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Marie T Mcdonald has the following 3 specialties
- Clinical Biochemical Genetics
- Clinical Genetics (M.D.)
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Marie T Mcdonald has the following 5 expertise
- Metabolic Disorders
- Lysosomal Storage Diseases
- Fabry Disease
- Birth Defects or Abnormalities (Congenital Abnormalities)
- Inherited Metabolism Diseases (Inborn Metabolism Errors)
Dr. Marie T Mcdonald has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Marie T Mcdonald is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
I took my toddler to see her last week. During the appointment, she was seemingly knowledgeable and semi-compassionate after dropping a bombshell of news about a possible diagnosis that comes with a shortened lifespan. As most parents do, I went home and researched the syndrome and, logically, had several questions. I called her this afternoon and she was blatantly annoyed by my call - then curtly responded that she was in a meeting, doesn't take calls , and snidely added that I could email her if I wanted to ask any questions. I was so shocked. What doctor behaves this way? I suggest that Dr. McDonald take several courses in "Bedside Manner" and perhaps remove the office phone number that is listed on the Duke Genetics website under her name if she doesn't "take calls." Or better yet - don't answer the phone! STUNNING. I will be writing several letters to Duke about her horrific behavior - particularly in response to normal questions from a parent who has just learned that her baby girl might have syndrome that could shorten her lifespan.
33 Years Experience
University College Dublin
Graduated in 1985
University Of Michigan Health System
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsDuke University Medical Center, 200 Trent Dr, Durham, NC
Dr. Marie T Mcdonald is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Durham, NC.