Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Marie Theresa P Pimentel has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Marie Theresa P Pimentel has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Marie Theresa P Pimentel has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 31
I found Dr. Marie Pimentel through the Dignity Health website, that claims to provide compassionate and affordable health care to meet all of the needs of the patient (mental, physical, and spiritual). I was seriously disappointed with my visit. As others have said, Dr. Pimentel is incredibly rude. She spoke down to me, repeated everything four or five times, and didn't listen to anything I had to say. She tried to push a medication on me that I told her I had no interest in taking. I became increasingly frustrated trying to speak with her about my problem. She got hung up on something that I told her was not a concern for me, and that's all she wanted to focus on and treat (with "pills" as she repeated, over and over again). As I have no insurance, I had to pay $165 out of pocket for my appointment with her. If I hadn't been so desperate to resolve my health concerns, I would have gotten up and left and demanded my money back. As it turned out, that's exactly what I should have done because now I'm out the money and received no help. The office closes from noon to 1:00 PM, and at noon she abruptly cut me off and pushed me out the door. She told me she would call me later. Four days later and I still have not heard from her. I certainly won't be going back to see Dr. Pimentel again and I suggest, if you're looking for a compassionate and considerate doctor, you look elsewhere.
After 1-1/2 years of being Dr. Pimentel's patient she dismissed me from her care because I questioned the results of a bone scan done in her office. She said I had shown disrespect to her office by questioning how it was done. She spoke down to me when in the examination room as if I didn't understand what she was saying and repeated it at least three-four times. Very rude doctor. Do not recommend her.
I searched for years for a primary care physician who was actually knowledgable, friendly and a caring human being. I have never been delayed by a wait, however it would be understandable because she has a full waiting room and spent as much time as I needed to understand my condition. She is thorough and has caught and treated issues that I was just willing to put up with. With that number of patients waiting for her, she must be doing something right! I have recommended her to many of my family and friends.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
40 Years Experience
University Of The East
Graduated in 1978
Dr. Marie Theresa P Pimentel accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of AZ
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Whole Health Arizona Care Network
- Aetna Whole Health Banner Health Network HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net AZ HMO ExcelCare Network
- Health Net AZ PPO HSA
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsGilbert Primary Care Pc, 3048 E Baseline Rd Ste 120, Mesa, AZ
Dr. Marie Theresa P Pimentel is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Mesa, AZ.