Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Mariel P Bird has the following 2 specialties
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
- General Practice
A general practitioner is similar to a family practitioner in that they treat patients of all ages with a variety of health concerns. These doctors treat everyday ailments, some acute and chronic diseases, and also provid health checkups, physicals, inoculations and preventative care.
General practitioners differ from family practitioners because they are not required to complete an additional residency in family medicine after completing their medical school residency. Like family practitioners, general practitioners will also provide referrals to patients who are in need of a specialist.
Dr. Mariel P Bird has the following 11 expertise
- Actinic Keratosis
- Skin Cancer
- Flu (Human Influenza)
- Skin Biopsy
- Basal Cell
Dr. Mariel P Bird has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 2 of 8
I had a new patient visit with her today to evaluate a discolored patch of skin and wanted her to look at a bump on my leg. She glanced at the bump and said, "well it's not cancer" and didn't discuss it any further. She talked down to me the entire 5 minutes she spent in the room with me, only using medical jargon that I couldn't understand. I asked her to explain things in a way a non-medical person could understand and she seemed to snap at me, repeating the medical words that I couldn't understand. She is rude with a very poor bedside manner and did not listen to anything I said. Didn't address any of my concerns that I came in to have evaluated.
8 Years Experience
University Of Chicago Division Of The Biological Sciences The Pritzker School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2010
Dr. Mariel P Bird accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net AZ PPO HSA
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & DirectionsTHUNDERBIRD INTERNAL MEDICINE, 5620 W Thunderbird Rd Ste G2, Glendale, AZ
Dr. Mariel P Bird is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Glendale, AZ.