Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Marietta N Almazan has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Marietta N Almazan has the following 13 expertise
- Mental Illness
- Mood Disorders
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Personality Disorder
- Clinical Depression
Showing 5 of 40
Dr Almazan is the best Dr i have experienced in my mental health journey. Coming out of Kaiser i went to Dr A along with a therapist tied to her office. Dr A keeps current on my blood ork while prescribing enough meds to control my condition (BPII). My first appointment with Dr A, she was met with shock at the high levels prescribed me by Kaiser. She immediately ramped me down and worked with me to find the point where my condition has been stable for years. Cycles that would have occured are non-existant. I am a high funtioning, director level that has come about only through the hard work and dedication Dr A has displayed. If you choose to visit Dr A, do not go in with a self diagnosis and allow the Dr to do her job. Dr A is a proven leader of her craft.
Dr. Almazan will find you bi-polar even if you are not. My experience with her was a nightmare. I saw her for depression in 2001 and was quickly found by her to be bi-polar even though I had never experienced a manic episode. She put me on Lithium, Depakote and Respiridol. I became paranoid, extremely fearful, zombie like and had to move back in with my parents. Thankfully a psychiatrist I went to church with helped wean me off these drugs. I do suffer from depression which is why I went to her. I take Cymbalta for depression and have since late 2001. It has been a godsend. Please read her reviews online before seeing her. My experience with her is the norm.
39 Years Experience
University Of The Philippines
Graduated in 1979
U S Department Of Veterans Affairs
Dr. Marietta N Almazan accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
Locations & DirectionsSPECIALTY CENTER, 6600 Mercy Ct Ste 290, Fair Oaks, CA
Dr. Marietta N Almazan is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Fair Oaks, CA.