Get the facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done and doctors who perform the procedure.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- IBS Facts about Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Marilee L Freitas has the following 1 specialty
- Colon and Rectal Surgery
Colorectal surgeons are doctors who perform surgery in order to correct problems with the anus, rectum or colon. These physicians perform colonoscopies, and other diagnostic procedures, in order to identify any issues that require surgical intervention. They then determine what type of surgical procedure would be best. The specialists also care for these patients post-operation to ensure proper healing and recovery.
Dr. Marilee L Freitas has the following 10 expertise
- Bowel Resection
- Abdominal Pain
- Rectal Pain
- Colon Cancer
- Rectal Bleeding
Showing 4 of 15
I was pleasantly taken back by the professionalism and knowledge this Outstanding Doctor provided me. I am extremely grateful that Doctor Freitas performed my surgery, Doctor Freitas has a wonderful bedside manner that many others lack. This dedicated Doctor puts patients care first. I am forever grateful that Doctor Freitas cared for me. Warmly, Stephen Cook
Thanks to Dr. Freitas , her God given talent saved my husband's life, I cannot thank her enough, she had to take over another Dr.H botched procedure. However, at St. Vincents my husband caught C-dif, and another Dr. gave him a wrong medicine, which had a terrible effect on my husband. But I cannot thank this Dr. Marilee Freitas enough. He only saw her once after the surgery in her office, but always returned calls.
20 Years Experience
Aga Khan Medical College
Graduated in 1998
Yale New Haven Hospital
Dr. Marilee L Freitas accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna CT AWH MC OA w/Pediatric Dental
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Connecticare Passage
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO