Dr. Marilena Oravitan Is this you?

2.7

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Marilena Oravitan?

patient

Posted on December 23rd, 2015

always in a rush never paying attention to what I was asking or saying. Would not return my calls in a timely manner. Always got the answering machine never could talk to her.

Waste of time and money

Posted on August 8th, 2014

Wow. Went in with a serious illness, and was basically ignored. Dr. Oravitan made personal phone calls while I tried to explain my symptoms. She did not listen at all, then seemed to hustle me out after I waited for a half hour in the waiting room. I told her where to call in my prescription, then went there to discover she had called the wrong pharmacy. I was also told I needed lab work; I went to get it done and was told that the doctor had forgotten to call and order them, so I had to make another appointment. Save your money, find a doctor who listens and cares. Worst doctor I have ever heard of, and very undeserving of the title

getting a new dr i dont reccomend any dr that wont listen

Posted on March 25th, 2011

Little to be desired

Posted on October 19th, 2010

This doctor is a very nice person, but as a doctor, I think there is something missing. She doesn't listen and things are too cut and dry with her, i.e., despite a negative blood test she thinks no further work is necessary. However, it is well known that the blood work for the disorder I"m trying to rule out is only positive 50% of the time--further studies ARE needed to get a diagnosis. She refused to pursue it based on that negative result. In the meantime, I am left hanging, but she's still getting paid. The other thing that bothers me is that she is quick to prescribe and offers no natural options, i.e. diet, exercise, etc. I am not opposed to drugs, I just feel that her quickness to prescribe without talking about options is a bit haphazard, especially considering that she prescribed a drug that, as I found out later, I shouldn't take because of an underlying condition that she knew about. She didnt' do her own homework. I did it for her.

Posted on September 25th, 2017