Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Marilyn K Brister
Dr. Marilyn K Brister, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Stephenville, TX. She has 36 years of experience. Her specialties include Hospice & Palliative Medicine and Family Medicine. Dr. Brister is affiliated with Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital. She speaks English.
Dr. Marilyn K Brister has the following 2 specialties
- Hospice & Palliative Medicine
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Marilyn K Brister has the following 6 expertise
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
Dr. Marilyn K Brister has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Marilyn K Brister is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
I've had to go to the ER quite a few times due to headaches and back problems and Dr. Brister is the ONLY Dr there that has made me feel so comfortable, there are alot of Dr;s there that make me feel like a "drug seeker" and she is so empathetic to my true pain... I've got fibromyalgia and have pulled my back severly and she understands and has the best bedside manner I've ever seen from a Dr... she makes me feel like a part of her family, I wish she had her own practice because she treats me like a human being when I've seen her.... she's absolutely amazing
Dr. Brister is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
36 Years Experience
Texas A&M Health Science Center College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1982
The Medical Center
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsEmcare, 411 N Belknap St, Stephenville, TX
Dr. Marilyn K Brister is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Stephenville, TX.