Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Marilyn A Mclaughlin has the following 2 specialties
- Medical Oncology
Think of an oncologist as your main physician for cancer care. After being diagnosed, you’ll meet regularly with an oncologist to explore and manage your treatment options, as well as monitor your condition throughout the process. Medical oncologists are extremely knowledgeable in various types of cancer treatment and can recommend the right method for the type and stage of cancer you’re facing.
They may also refer you to additional specialists throughout your care, but they will always be your home base for questions and support. It’s also worth mentioning that medical oncologists deal mostly with solid tumors while hematologists specialize in cancers that involve blood disorders, such as leukemia.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Marilyn A Mclaughlin has the following 24 expertise
- Blood Disorders
- Head and Neck Cancer
- Lung Cancer
- Myelodysplastic Syndromes
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Iron-Deficiency Anemia
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Prostate Cancer (Prostatic Neoplasm)
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Myeloproliferative Disorders
- Hepatitis C
- Breast Cancer
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
Dr. Marilyn A Mclaughlin is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 8
So Blessed to have a intelligent , and caring Dr and Nurses in Riverhead . I can't begin to tell you everything except they are wonderful and I ve been to Sloan too and it's comforting to know I get excellent care right her because of them. I love Sloan to but there is no need to travel when I havre the Best right here. God Bless Dr M cLaughlin
When my mom was diagnosed with cancer, we were devestated, but meeting Dr. McLaughlin was like finding a guardian angel. She cared for my mom as if she was her own and although mom had waited too long to get medical help, Dr. M. did everything possible to give her more time with good quality of life. When my dad was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer, we immediately called Dr. M. and dad had such a professional and caring team at Dr. M's office, he actually looked forward to his visits. Dr. McLaughlin is the most caring and supportive dr. I have ever met. I hope I never receive the diagnosis of cancer, but if I do, it is comforting to know there are doctors like Dr. M. to turn to. She is truly an angel!
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
25 Years Experience
University Of Medicine And Dentistry Of New Jersey Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
Graduated in 1993
New York Medical College
Dr. Marilyn A Mclaughlin accepts the following insurance providers.
- Anthem Blue Choice PPO - ME
- Anthem HMO Maine
- Anthem Pathway - ME
- Anthem Pathway Enhanced - ME
- Anthem Pathway X Enhanced/Ind Guided Access ME
- Anthem Preferred Blue Network - NH
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Marilyn A Mclaughlin is similar to the following 3 Doctors near York, ME.