Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Marilyn Medwied has the following 2 specialties
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Marilyn Medwied has the following 11 expertise
- Menstrual Pain
- Pap Smear
- Pelvic Exam
- Hot Flashes
- Women's Health
- Birth Control
- Breast Exam
Dr. Marilyn Medwied has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Marilyn Medwied is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 12
I visited this doctor as a second opinion. She had a very rash bedside manner but I was willing to overlook that if her diagnosis was right and if she was willing to help me. She answered my questions fairly and honestly and I had a pretty complicated case. However, when I left, she gave me some advice and I decided against it. She demanded I have a surgical procedure ASAP and recommended me to an oncologist. (Who wasn't even needed.) The oncologist refused to listen to my concerns regarding an invasive procedure versus a minimally invasive procedure and I decided I was not going to go with her for the surgery I needed. Dr. Medwied immediately sent a letter stating since I went against her medical advice, I was no longer permitted to be seen by her or anyone else in her clinic in Tucson! It's her way or the highway, apparently. I respect doctors, have many in my own family, but I also believe in asking questions and getting second opinions. I'm not comfortable with a doctor who will not listen to other ideas and a clinic who will shut you out because of it. It's a great thing I didn't take her advice. The surgery wasn't an immediate need as she told me, I didn't even need an oncologist, and the minimally invasive procedure was completed on me three months later by a competent doctor who was willing to listen to my concerns and work with me! Please consider my story before making an appointment with this doctor.
Dr. Medwied is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
40 Years Experience
University Of Arizona College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1978
Bronx Lebanon Hospital Center
Dr. Marilyn Medwied accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of AZ
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net AZ PPO HSA
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsPantano Clinic, 7901 E 22nd St, Tucson, AZ
Dr. Marilyn Medwied is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Tucson, AZ.