Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Marin F Xavier has the following 2 specialties
- Hematology & Oncology
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Palliative Care
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Interventional Oncology
- Adult T-Cell Leukemia-Lymphoma
- Hepatitis C
- Blood Cancer
- Hodgkin's Lymphoma
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Chronic B-Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
Showing 5 of 17
Dr Xavier is an amazing human being!!! She has saved my Mom's life on several occasions during critical events as well as providing extreme doctoring on an ongoing basis. She treats us like we are VIP family members! The entire staff is wonderful, warm and goes above and beyond the "norm" Oh, and did I mention Dr. Xavier is BRILLIANT!!!!!! Visiting this office is like visiting heaven, angels and all!
Dr. Xavier has provided me with execllent care. She and her staff have been both extreamly proffessional and courtious. She has been extreamly thorough in diagosing my lymphoma, and agressive in planning and exicuting my treatment. Her staff is a reflection her, very solid from top to bottom. Pre chemo training was accurate and helpful - I have not been surprised thus far. I highly reccomend her and Scripps Mercy Clinic and Hospital.
- University Of Pennsylvania School Of Medicine
Dr. Marin F Xavier accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Cigna Southern CA Select
- Humana Choice POS
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsScripps Mercy Clinic, 4020 5th Ave, San Diego, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Marin F Xavier in this video.
Dr. Marin F Xavier is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Diego, CA.