Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Marina I Amusin has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.<br>These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Marina I Amusin has the following 29 expertise
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Anxiety Disorders
- Basal Ganglia Cerebrovascular Disease
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Sinus Infection (Sinusitis)
- Peptic Ulcer
- Back Pain
- Hives (Urticaria)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Weight Loss
- House Calls
- Preventive Medicine
- Cerebrovascular Disorders
- Primary Headache Disorders
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Cholesterol Management
- Dementia Related Behavioral Disorders
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 4 of 4
Self-verified patient of Dr. Marina I Amusin - Posted on December 19th, 2017
Excellent physician both quality of care and compassion
Self-verified patient of Dr. Marina I Amusin - Posted on January 18th, 2017
Self-verified patient of Dr. Marina I Amusin - Posted on April 8th, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. Marina I Amusin - Posted on January 7th, 2010
Dr Amusin is on of the most pro-active Doctor's I have ever had the pleasure to meet She is thorough and genuinely concerned for my good physical AND emotional health and I have referred friends who also think very, very highly of Dr Amusin. She has fit me in when I place an urgent call as well, how rare is that?!? Her staff is professional and gentle when doing bloodwork! They have a lab on the premises which provides their patients convenience and a more efficient diagnosis. I highly recommend Dr Amusin!
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2017, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Amusin is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Dr. Marina I Amusin Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL BlueChoice Select
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health and Life IL PPO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Coventry IL PPO
- Coventry PPO Platinum
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsPRESENCE MEDICAL GROUP, 3500 W Peterson Ave Ste 300, Chicago, IL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Marina I Amusin, MD - Internal Medicine in Chicago, IL, in this video.
Dr. Marina I Amusin is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Chicago, IL.