Dr. Mario A Alcantara Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Mario A Alcantara?

Compassion and excellent physician

I would recommend Dr. Alcantara to anybody I trust him with my life excellent bedside manners I've recommended him to several people already and they adore him

Fraud

So it should have been a red flag during my first visit when Mario Alcantara told me about some sort of mechanical sphincter thing. I was there for a chronic anal fissure and was thinking to myself why does he think I'm going to be incontinent and need this. It was also strange that my friend that had referred me there was talking about the same thing. Anyway I was very desperate and I needed some relief from this fissure so I had the office schedule the botox procedure for me. The day before the procedure I found out the place they had scheduled me at doesn't do botox, supposedly. So they transferred me to Methodist Stone Oak. I paid the doctor almost $700 for a few Botox injections and when I got to the hospital they wanted another $3,000. Come to find out dr. Alcantara his office was committing insurance fraud and had scheduled me for a fissurectomy. So to my surprise I was being put under just to get botox injections when the hospital was under the impression I was having a major surgery. When I asked the doctor about this minutes before my surgery he admitted it was for insurance reasons. I did not have time to be upset before the surgery I simply asked him if he could cut off some external hemorrhoids while he was down there. He agreed but when I woke up the hemorrhoids were still there and I began to think about my deductible and how is going to pay for the surgery I did not have. I have reported this to the insurance and hopefully I do not get a $3,000 bill from the hospital. To top it all off to anesthesiologist gave me antibiotics I was allergic to even though I was wearing the wristband! Warning buyer beware!!

Best surgeon!

He fixed me up 👍🏼. Im so pleased not to have a colostomy. He knows his business.

Jack Wheatley

Dr. Alcantara is an outstanding physician.

July 17, 2017

Excellent

Good Man. Fun personality. Confident.

Awesome

Great Doctor

Dr. Alcantara literally saved my life. He is great and very easy to talk to.

BE WARY OF QUESTIONS RE DIAGNOSIS

This guy walks in after botching an x-ray for a mass that has grown 3x since he decided to do nothing saying it was fatty tissue. 3 months(or so) later he walks in after severe pain and a trip to ER-ST. Lukes Baptist and argues that she is fine last time she saw him. ?? "Ok well she is not ok now, she is sitting in a hospital bed in pain." He walks in saying (after having the reality that she is in pain, not ok, and why don't you know what is going on here?) You know what, we will just switch her to the other hospital if you don't like me etc etc? We are looking at each other saying why would we change doctors? We are here now. He is telling a hispanic woman concerned about her sister to stop yelling at him??...?? Who is yelling at you? Then this guy again tries to talk about moving her and having someone else treat her now (that he screwed up) but no that isn't what she wants. HE says he will discuss it tomorrow after a confrontational few minutes. Next AM he has a Doctor (that did not JUST do surgery to find out you messed up your diagnosis Alcantara) that my mother has never met-walk in and inform her/us that ALL the doctors do not want to have her there and they ALL want her to move hospitals to another Doctor THEY choose. All of them, ...oh really. Guys Make sure this guy knows and loves you before he discards you for questioning his huge ego. Apparently if you ask questions, you don't like him and are questioning his "doctor elite-ness" so be careful. Look if you walk in after mom has surgery and the first thing you say is, "so what's going on?" you may get a response like "what the heck do you mean what is going on, you are the doctor here."

Dr Alcantara is the best! I love his bed side manners. He takes his time with you n gives you treatment options and includes you in the conversation. When I was in he hospital for my surgery he even gave me a few more days to stay when I requested it. Both my mom and myself see him. He helped my mom avoid surgery when an another dr wanted to open her up side to side! I would and do refer him to anybody who needs this type of dr!

Outstanding bedside and clinical skills

I first met Dr. Alcantara when he was referred to me by my primary doctor for surgery consult. He explained everything to me even drawing diagram of the gi system and what he was going to do . He immediately instilled confidence in me with what I was facing before, during and after surgery. As a member of the health care and medical community he is among the top docs who really have a passion for what they do and for their patients care.

I was referred to Dr. Alcantara by my Internist after having 4 bouts of diverticulitis. He is an amazing doctor. Not only does he understand his specialty and has the ability to diagnose the patient, he has a wonderful bedside manner and great sense of humor. While in the hospital, he spent as much time as I needed. He never rushed off to go see another patient but answered questions and reassured me that things would get better. Now I am all cured and couldn't be better!