Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Mario S Maffei has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Mario S Maffei has the following 76 expertise
- Adolescent Medicine
- Fainting (Syncope)
- Intestinal Diseases
- Anxiety Disorders
- Primary Headache Disorders
- Skin Rash (Acrodermatitis)
- Cerebral Palsy
- Weight Loss
- Stomach Diseases
- Women's Health
- Pink eye (Conjunctivitis)
- Alternative Medicine
- Dementia Related Behavioral Disorders
- Peptic Ulcer
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD)
- Nutritional Support
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Trigger Finger Disorder
- Sprains and Strains
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Chest Pain (Angina)
- Memory Disorders
- Smoking Cessation
- Pancreas inflammation (Pancreatitis)
- Family Planning
- Urinary Retention
- Viral Human Hepatitis
- Heart Failure
- Sinus Infection (Sinusitis)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Seizure Disorders
- Bunions (Hallux Valgus)
- Eating Disorders
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Lyme Disease
- Hives (Urticaria)
Dr. Mario S Maffei has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Mario S Maffei is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 8
dr maffei is an excellent doctor. i have been seen him for the past 10+ years. He is very precious to me and do not want to go elsewhere to see another physician. he has such excellent bedside manners and takes very good care of me . on the other hand, (his office staff mainly front desk is to be desired - most of the workers there). If i should ever decide to transition it would only because of them. I have complained about some of them, but no remedy. If i should recommend anyone to this precious physician Dr. Mario it would only because of his unique practice and love for his patients. again let me reiterate Dr. maffei is an outstanding dr in my book. the front desk horrible. no bedside no courtesey. sorry about that
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
22 Years Experience
Temple University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1996
West Jersey Health System
Dr. Mario S Maffei accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER2
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- QualCare HMO
- QualCare PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsVirtua Tate-Brown Family Practice Center-Voorhees, 2225 E Evesham Rd Ste 101, Voorhees, NJ
Dr. Mario S Maffei is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Voorhees, NJ.