Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Mario A Martinez has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Mario A Martinez has the following 11 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Flu (Human Influenza)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
Dr. Mario A Martinez has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 135
When I first became a patient, I really liked the office. Then as Dr. Martinez's practice took off, it seems like every time I went in I needed an ekg, full lab work, or a sleep test. I'm pretty healthy, so this seemed ridiculous to me. The first in the front are becoming really rude. I emailed in a complaint, and I asked for notification that it was received. I had a feeling the girl at the counter was the one that was going to read my complaint and would delete it. I guess she did. Dr. Martinez is a likable doctor, but the practices at the office seem a bit out of control.
I was establishing a new primary care physician so as I was waiting (i thought it would be long) I was looking up reviews. I saw some horrible reviews but before I could change my mind I was already being called to the back. I decided just to stay and I am so glad I did. I was seen so fast and I was even seen the same day I called for an appointment. My other doctor would take 2 weeks to get in. I am so glad I stayed and he needs this positive review because I was highly satisfied.
Would never go back to see Dr MartInez not only is his front staff rude. They do not return phone calls. The Dr posted a note to his patients if they have complaints to please inform him. After being a patient for 2 years I did try and let him know my complaint as his letter stated and he was so rude. To try and belittle a woman and have no manners was shocking . Well now I know why some of the staff is so rude. You are seen by so many different other Dr's that you really never see the same faces when you go again. Dr Martinez does not see you each time. Now that I'm looking for new family physician I will check his ratings. I wish I would of seen this poor rating for this Dr sof I would of never made the mistake of going there.
Dr. Mario A Martinez accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsPrimary & Diagnostic Medical Centers Of Texasllc, 3829 Saratoga Blvd, Corpus Christi, TX
Dr. Mario A Martinez is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Corpus Christi, TX.