Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Mariquit D Sendelbach has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Celiac Disease
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Abdominal Pain
Showing 5 of 11
Dr. Sendelbach was not interested in finding the cause of my stomach issues. Blood work came out good and that was the end of it for her. Through the ultrasound they found two gall bladder polyps. Dr. Sendelbach was not interested in doing any follow up testing to rule out cancer. She told me she follows "standard protocol" to repeat the ultrasound in 1 year. Going to U of M.
I took my husband to Huron Valley ER with severe stomach pain after being admitted and having every test under the sun CAT Scan, MRI, Colonoscopy, (ERCP) a Scope down his Throat, Hida Scan, Barium Scan, They still don't know what is causing the pain even though all these test came back NORMAL...everything leading to Gallbladder!!! Dr. Sendelbach was the Doctor that preformed the Scope test, she came in my husbands room and said "Well You Don't Look like your in Very much pain??" my husband response was well look can be deceiving!!!! she said well we are not taking out your Gallbladder!!! so we want you to stop asking for pain meds we want you off those!!! My husband said: well maybe its time I went to U of M and get a Second Opinion? and Dr. Sendelbach SAID: "Well Maybe you Should"!!!!!! Really??? Who says that??? WE are so Scared he has been in the Hospital for 10 days now and we are still at square one!!!! she is RUDE and Condescending!!! when I asked her well does this happen a lot where you run all these tests and you never find the problem? And her reply was YES all the time!!!! I'm sorry that just doesn't work for us!!!!
This physician misdiagnosed me with Crohn's disease. Even if I had Crohn's disease, she treated me inappropriately. I had an adverse reaction to the medication that she prescribed and I was told that I had to keep taking it. She told me that I would eventually need biologics and I had no choice. Dr. Sendelbach is rude and condescending. She does not appreciate patients that ask questions or what explanations about their medical issues. Her office staff lied to me and would not allow me to schedule an appointment with another physician in the office while she was on vacation and I was having serious GI issues. They also denied my right to access my medical record information. After leaving Dr. Sendelbach's care, I sought a 2nd and 3rd opinion. Both of these GI physicians agree that I was misdiagnosed and I do not have Crohn's disease.
15 Years Experience
Michigan State University College Of Human Medicine
Graduated in 2003
Dr. Mariquit D Sendelbach accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- HAP Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsSouth Oakland Gastroenterology, 28080 Grand River Ave Ste 306, Farmington, MI
Dr. Mariquit D Sendelbach is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Farmington, MI.