Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Maritza De La Rosa
Dr. Maritza De La Rosa, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Newark, NJ. She has 38 years of experience. Her specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. De La Rosa is affiliated with St Peters University Hospital, Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital at Hamilton and Runnells Specialized Hospital. Dr. De La Rosa has received 2 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Maritza De La Rosa has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Maritza De La Rosa has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Family Planning
Dr. Maritza De La Rosa has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Maritza De La Rosa is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
I have been a patient at UMDNJ/Rutgers for more than 15 years. Being blessed to have a team of doctors who care about me and treat me as a person instead of a patient. The doctor and her staff go beyond their way to make sure all my needs are meet and my medical care goes without notice. From the first day meeting her, she has made me feel welcome and comfortable both by the friendly competence and the pleasant environment of the office. She takes her time to explain my medical in depth and makes sure I make the right decision for me. Her support in my decision-making goes in great length and I don't miss a beat when treating with my specialist. Accommodation has been made when I am in need of an urgent care, with flexible time to accommodate my schedule, even if it is with another provider. Her knowledge, skill, and professionalism make her a well- rounded doctor. I have highly recommended this doctor to family and friends. It has been a pleasure and an honor to have Dr. Maritza Delarosa on my side.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. De La Rosa is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
38 Years Experience
Universidad Central Del Caribe
Graduated in 1980
Dr. Maritza De La Rosa accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER2
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Health Garden State
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- QualCare HMO
- QualCare PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsUniversity Pediatrics, 90 Bergen St, Newark, NJ
Dr. Maritza De La Rosa is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Newark, NJ.