Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Maritza G Parreno
Dr. Maritza G Parreno, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Old Bridge, NJ. She has 24 years of experience. Her specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Parreno is affiliated with Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital at Hamilton and St Peters University Hospital. Dr. Parreno has received 1 award. She speaks English.
Dr. Maritza G Parreno has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 54
i went to Dr. Parreno for a physical and i waited in the waiting room for 45 min before someone took me in. I went into a room and she took some vitals then had me switch to another room. The Dr took about another 15 min to come in the room. She wasn't very nice and wasn't very helpful. I asked for 2 recommendations for certain drs and she told me she has no idea bc she doesn't know who participates with my ins. i had a couple concerns and all she did was interrogate me but never gave me an answer, or one that helped at least. She told me right off the bat how she felt about certain prescriptions that i know have worked for me before in the pass and all i was asking for was a refill. i was fasting for my appointment and by the time i got the blood work done and what not it was 12:15 in the afternoon.
For three weeks I have been waiting for an authorization to go through from this doctors office. I have now canceled three appointments for an mri because of the incompetency of her staff. I went in to see her and was told she fired someone and it would be taken care of. A week later I was told again by the mri facility that there has been zero response from the doctors office. When I called and asked to speak to the doctor I was met with her rude staff again. They were not the most pleasant when I went there the first few time but she was recommended from another doctor. Irene has no customer service skills. Her favorite response is are you threatening me and that she will hang up on me. I was upset and so yes I was authoritative in my speech but did not raise my voice until her rudeness and the fact that I am still waiting for something that should have been completed weeks ago. Very disappointed in my overall experience.. A few days after all of this the women Irene called me again to provoke me further. She has no boundaries and proceeded to comment on a personal conversation she listened to while I was in the office. Now I have to start all of this all over again. I would highly recommend looking elsewhere so you dont have to start all over again.
Patients' Choice Award (2008)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Parreno is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
24 Years Experience
Albert Einstein College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1994
Dr. Maritza G Parreno accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER1
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Health Garden State
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- QualCare HMO
- QualCare PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsRoger Lallemand Jr Md, 200 Perrine Rd Ste 220, Old Bridge, NJ
Dr. Maritza G Parreno is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Old Bridge, NJ.