Dr. Maritza I Perez Is this you?

3.3

Have you seen Dr. Maritza I Perez?

I highly recommend dr. Perez. She always puts patient care first. She is professional and her expertise is the highest. I would recommend her without reservation.

Highly unprofessional

Dr Perez permanently scared my face which has left me depressed. I went in for a kenalog shot for a small cyst on my face. I pleaded with her to dilute beyond the norm as I rather have sub-optimal results than atrophy. She is very hateful & dishonest and over injected. I got a huge purple crater in my face . Soon, all the surrounding skin lost pigment and turned bright white I called her office and her staff told me "there was nothing they can do, wait 3 months". I had to call numerous people, repeatedly, as the crater continued to worsen, she could have diluted it with saline to stop the damage but she couldn't even be bothered to call me back. In the end I had a huge, purple pit in my face and pigment loss. She never tried to help, ever. I had to beg her colleagues to help me but they refused, eventually i went to a very good dermatologist outside Dr Perez's shoddy group to get help. I had to have filler placed in the crater which only brings it up 70% of the way, temporarily, but I will be forever scared. It's dark purple and pitted. Highlighting that is the skin that lost pigment and is bright white because that's how much she injected! It's a very rare side effect to lose pigment and if one has any experience, they can avoid atrophy. If it does atrophy , it's temporary and not discolored unless so much is injected, it can never recover. It has been 8 months and it is permanent, it's so ugly and she knew I was already self conscious about my skin. I've been very depressed and embarrassed. She is an awful dr, heartless and without any ethics. Never, ever let her touch you unless you want to be scared for life and feel ugly every day. I will always have a purple crater in my face and a big white patch surrounding it. I really more than dislike this "Doctor". Make sure you go to someone that didn't have to go to Med school in Puerto Rico, that's always helps. Biggest regret of my life.

Spend 10 minutes get billed $400 for a wart.

Charges $125 for a first appointment to meet her no joke. Typical medical gouger.

Worst Receptionists This Side of the Mississippi

They keep you on hold and on hold and on hold and they know nothing. I have spent two days trying to get through.

Indebted to Maritza Perez

Dr. Perez saved my life 4 years ago; during my semi-annual check-up, she biopsied a mole that I was not concerned about, but of which she was suspicious – she correctly diagnosed melanoma that was in situ and has carefully monitored me since that time. From the beginning of my relationship with her many years ago, I have found her bedside manner to be exceptional and her exam to be thorough; she has a way of putting one at ease, while that patient feels quite vulnerable in a hospital gown, lying on an examining table. I am truly indebted to Dr. Perez for giving me my life.

Excellent physician outstanding skin surgeon

Service was outstanding prompt with great staff. She saved my life after Dr Goldberg diagnosed a benign tumor that turned out to be malignant. I highly recommend her and will follow her wherever she goes !

The worst of the worst

Awful doctor, her sloppy work is know to other physicians. Horrible results and poor communication skills.

Misdiagnosis on a baby

I brought my 10 month old daughter to Dr Perez when her toe nails looked odd. Dr Perez diagnosed her with a toenail fungus without even doing a culture. She prescribed a powerful, toxic antifungal polish (which I wasn't foolish enough to put on her). Sure enough 15 seconds into a 2nd opinion w/Dr. Goldberg and he knew it was no fungus. I would never go back to her.

Dr. Maritza I Perez is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New Canaan, CT.