Dr. Marius Maxwell Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Marius Maxwell?

6-Star Physician & Medical Practice!

I would have written this review earlier, but I have been enjoying my new back. (Okay, I've been taking it easy as advised…..) Last summer, as I was once again 70 going on 30, my back experienced its final straw while I was working on a Kenai recreation site. After months of chiropractic and physical therapy, I was still experiencing pain and the inability to pull off many daily tasks. The first person I want to thank is my wife who did the research and found Dr. Maxwell and Arctic Spine Institute. I commented that Dr. Maxwell sounded too good to be true…..you know what is said about something that is too good to be true. I already had an MRI which Dr. Maxwell reviewed free of charge and gave me a call. At an appt later that week, Dr. Maxwell went over the MRI and xrays with us and diagnosed my situation. He stated that the procedure would be fairly routine (easy for him to say) to fix the 2 gnarly discs and free up the nerve that was causing me pain. When I told him my brother had back surgery in Florida 5 years ago at age 70 and now has train tracks running up his back, Dr. Maxwell responded that there are doctors out there that would give me a train track, too. He vowed he would do the least invasive procedure to correct the damaged discs and compressed nerve and that, in fact, is exactly what he did. Dr. Maxwell is straight forward, professional, and committed to giving patients the least amount of surgery that brings back quality of life. His entire staff is skilled, thorough, and highly personable. Lucy went above and beyond in handling all the paperwork and insurance details. Dr. Price spent more time with us than any anesthesiologist we’ve encountered. Our main nurse, Jessica, was no less than fabulous, and we can say there were no Nurse Ratcheds at Arctic Spine. The facility is first class, spotless, and the atmosphere is far superior to any other place of surgery we’ve experienced…..& at our ages, we’ve seen more than a few. After our first post-op visit, we sat in the large reception area and listened to Betsy play great music on a Steinway Grand. We would send all the people we love there should they need an outstanding neurosurgeon and medical practice. Bruce Holdsworth

no more pain!! amazing!

Great service and amazing results...i was in so much pain before surgery and now 3 weeks later no pain...I'm so happy.Thank you to Dr Maxwell and his entire staff.

This is the first surgeon who personally inquired how I was doing by telephone the evening of my multilevel cervical fusion. I returned to work full-time the third day post-op requiring only acetaminophen .

Arctic Spine

Over the years for lower back pain I had been prescribed various medications, chiropracty, MRI and referred to an orthopedic surgeon for review, and in turn referred to physical therapy. Nothing worked. Years later and after yet another debilitating episode and unable to perform my work duties I decided something had to be done. Researching options I decided on Arctic Spine. As it turned out it was the best possible decision I could have ever made. After contacting the center in short order Dr. Maxwell personally called me back, ordered a current MRI and met with me for a 1 on 1 review. Dr. Maxwell correctly diagnosed the actual cause of my pain and explained in detail the best and least invasive solution. Dr. Maxwell even took the time to perform a distal spinal block to confirm the diagnosis, something which had never even been mentioned in past evaluations. Arctic Spine's experienced staff, knowing my very limited time constraints worked with my out of network insurance provider to quickly approve all procedures. The whole process took 2 weeks, not months, and for the first time in over 20 years I'm living a normal pain free life. Arctic Spine is the only surgery center of its kind in the state of Alaska. Full service, 1 on 1 Dr. to patient care, fully outpatient. I was walking within an hour of surgery, relaxing at home that evening, and back to work within days. If I had to sum up the caliber of Dr. Maxwells professional care, his knowledgeable staff, and Arctic spine in a single word, I would have to say unparalleled.

Great Surgeon and Excellent Team!

Dr. Maxwell and team are amazing. My family physician recommended him after many x-rays and scans for cervical disk issues. I am grateful for the entire experience from initial meeting to post-surgery follow-up. Lucy worked with my insurance company to maximize coverage and minimize my out-of-pocket. I am pain-free and glad to recommend the entire Arctic Spine group!

Finally pain free!

Five months ago I was putting a bed frame together and felt a pull in my right buttock. I thought it was a pulled muscle but it got considerably worse--fast. The pain was excruciating and I was often unable to work and had to file for an intermittent FMLA. I went for treatment with my chiropractor almost daily. Once we decided that wasn't doing any good, my chiropractor requested an MRI. Once he reviewed the results, he quickly referred me to Dr. Maxwell. Unfortunately it took almost 3 weeks to get in for my first appointment but that was the only eh thing. In reviewing the MRI, Dr. Maxwell wanted to be 100% sure where the pain was coming from, so he referred me for a transforaminal epidural which told us exactly what we needed to know which was the L5-S1 disc was ruptured. I decided on surgery to alleviate the pain. Even though I work and Providence and am partial to Providence, I had the surgery at Alaska Regional, which I thought was great and the staff was amazing! The surgery went very well and I went home the next morning. The hardest part was standing up from a sitting position on my bed at home. However, within 5-6 days that pain went away and my back was just still and sore--like I had done too much yard work. I honestly could have gone back to work after one week but just felt like I needed to give myself a little more time, and get the stitches of of my back. Although this started 5 months ago and I just had the surgery 3 weeks ago, there was a muddle of mixed up appointments and doctors before I made it to Dr. Maxwell that were totally my fault which just dragged things out. I'm never sick and didn't know how all this works. However, Dr. Maxwell's office makes it very simple! You see him. Every time. No "middle-men." LOVE IT! His office is right off the waiting room. There is never any question what is going on because you talk to him every time. His staff was so helpful, knowledgeable, and timely with all the paperwork I needed for my job. I have bone spurs in my neck that are causing great pain but I thought I would just have to live with it because I was scared of surgery. Not the case anymore. I will have Dr. Maxwell do the surgery and I more than highly recommend him and his office!

Surgery on Oct 24, 2015 in Anchorge, AK

Dr. Maxwell is now in Anchorage, AK first of all. I had a wonderful experience with Dr. Maxwell. He performed a drainage and removal of a Tarlov Cyst which was located on my S2 which was taking up an area of the size of a tennis ball. He has been the only surgeon in 9 years (and I've seen A LOT of docs over that time period) who addressed the problem. He had only done a few (by his own admition) yet was confident he could do it. Some of my numbing issues have gone already and I'm looking forward to whatever nervers will be coming back. If you are in Anchorage and need a neurosurgeon, I would highly recommend Dr. Maxwell, Arctic Spine.

Excellent doctor - when I first went to see him, my right arm was extremely painful and non functioning. After surgery, it is back to 100%! He did a fantastic job for me and his support staff are friendly and do a great job as well. My best health care experience of my life and I am very grateful !!!

review of Dr. Marius Maxwell

Cervical fusion and lumbar laminectomy and fusion. Diagnosis and care was excellent. Highly recommend.

a remarkable experience

Dr Maxwell gave me a level of comfort with his interest in my opinions and his confidence in his abilities. He performed an anterior fusion of C3-C6 in about an hour and a half. I was up and moving pain-free a few hours later ! Remarkable (and possibly rare). His choice of surgical centers was basic in appearance but outstanding in care (and it is the care that counts.) If needed, I would not hesitate to recommend Dr. Maxwell to family and friends regardless of their location in the world. This is one operation you really want done right and Dr. Maxwell delivered in my case (and others that I am personally aware). Thank you Dr. Maxwell.

Brilliant surgeon and great guy

​I have lived in Palmer for 25yrs. Switched doctors and went with Dr Maxwell and so glad I did. I had an anterior cervical fusion with my former neurosurgeon 6 years ago but the pain started to get worse last year. Dr Maxwell found new disc herniations so I was booked for a new cervical fusion without any hassle or fuss. I like that he is very worldly and experienced as we connected on many levels. I recovered so well after my neck surgery and the whole experience was just a breeze. Highly recommended.

A serious compassionate doc I would recommend to my family

I saw Dr. Maxwell for ongoing severe neck pain which I have been experiencing for three years after a car accident. I was referred to Dr. Maxwell by my chiropractor after years of therapies I finally decided to take the next step. Dr. Maxwell performed an anterior cervical fusion on me and I had recovered in 4 weeks and my experience was a breeze. I would confidently recommend this doc to my family and so glad we finally have great docs in AK.

Dr. Marius Maxwell is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Anchorage, AK.