Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Marjorie A Chorness has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Women's Health
- Menstrual Pain
- Hot Flashes
- Child Birth
- Pelvic Exam
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Birth Control
- Pap Smear
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 29
Have been a patient of Dr. Chorness for years. She is very caring & very intelligent. She has an excellent bedside manner & always makes me feel comfortable, which is very much appreciated to female patients of ANY doctor. I will continue to be a patient for as long as she is in practice. Thank you Dr. Chorness!!
Dr. Chorness was very condescending to me. She had told me, a couple of months ago during a consultation to discuss my options, that I needed surgery and would need to arrange 6-8 weeks recovery time. I made the arrangements and made an appointment for a consultation. She acted as if having the surgery had been my own idea, explaining in a patronizing tone that it wasn't that simple, before finally saying surgery would probably be the only applicable course of action. She then told me to schedule an appointment for the same diagnostic procedures she had done just a couple months before when she told me I needed the surgery. Throughout most of the consultation, Dr. Chorness spoke to me in a tone that is normally reserved for communicating with the mentally challenged and very small children.
This physician is rude and likes to batter her staff. I was being seen a couple of months ago and over heard the physician yelling at her nurse. She told me my baby had no heart beat and wanted me to remove it. The nurse talked her into repeating the ultrasound, and yes I am pregnant with a healthy baby with a heartbeat. I was pushed off on another doctor says she has decided not to any longer going to deliver babies. It was a frustrating situation and I will not be returning to her in the future.
After waiting a long time to meet the doctor, I was interviewed my the and she was great, but the other staff seemed to have an attitude. The walls are thin and I over heard the doctor yelling at her nurse for spending to much time with me. This upsets me that the nurse that was empathic towards me was being trash talked at. I hope the best for that nurse, and I will be finding a different Doctor.
Dr. Chorness is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
30 Years Experience
Medical College Of Wisconsin
Graduated in 1988
Kaiser Permanente Medical Center
Dr. Marjorie A Chorness accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS South Carolina
- BCBS South Carolina
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMarjorie Agatha Chorness Md, 420 the Pkwy, Greer, SC
Dr. Marjorie A Chorness is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Greer, SC.