Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- HIV/AIDS The differences between HIV & AIDS; signs, symptoms & complications.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Shingles Facts about shingles, including symptoms & possible long-term effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Marjorie P Golden
Dr. Marjorie P Golden, MD is a Doctor primarily located in New Haven, CT, with another office in New Haven, CT. She has 32 years of experience. Her specialties include Infectious Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Golden is affiliated with Yale-New Haven Hospital. Dr. Golden has received 2 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Marjorie P Golden has the following 2 specialties
- Infectious Disease
An infectious disease specialist has specialized training in the diagnosis and treatment of contagious diseases.
Infectious diseases, also known as contagious or transmissible diseases, are those that stem from pathogen from a host organism. These infections may spread to other carriers through physical touch, airborne inhalation, bodily fluids or contaminated foods.
Infectious disease specialists identify whether the disease is caused by bacteria, a virus, a fungus or a parasite often through blood tests and then determine what course of treatment, if any, is necessary.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Marjorie P Golden has the following 7 expertise
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV/AIDS)
- Hepatitis C
Dr. Marjorie P Golden has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Marjorie P Golden is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 11
Dr Golden was absolutely the best during my husbands illness. She was kind and patient and most of all caring about what he was going through. She made excellent suggestions and following her advice led to great results.
Dr. Golden is one of the most intelligent, understanding, tenacious, and patient physicians I have ever known. She has cared for me for over 20 years, and I always felt in good hands with her at the helm. When I first met Dr. Golden I had suffered for over 7 years with repeated sinus infections and surgeries. She and Dr. Vining (ENT who is also extraordinary) efficiently and effectively help cure my very difficult condition. Without the two of them I shudder to think where I might be today. Dr. Golden's caring and compassionate manner is unlike many, and her dedication to always go above and beyond for her patients cannot be underscored. I would highly recommend her to anyone who is interested in the best medical care a physician can offer.
. She diagonsed me with a illness I had then changed her mind,and told me she made a mistake.It took me 8 weeks to get another doctor and the same treatment she started.My recovery took twice as long and now is chronic.You don,t put a pick line in and start a treatment and say it is a mistake. Call me if you need a good doctor that listens .
I accompanied my husband - with an i-pad, after my husband's eight week illness. This doctor was superb in every catagory listed above. These days it is rare to have such an excellent physician. What a relief and a breath of fresh air to interact with such a lovely, bright, and above all accurate diagnostician! Bravo to you Dr. Golden!
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Golden is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
32 Years Experience
Albany Medical College
Graduated in 1986
Dr. Marjorie P Golden accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem CT HMO BlueCare
- Anthem CT Pathway X Enhanced Ind HMO
- Anthem PPO Century Preferred CT
- Anthem Pathway X Ind PPO Direct Access CT
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Connecticare Passage
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Marjorie P Golden is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New Haven, CT.