Dr. Mark Cohen Is this you?

1.5

Dissatisfied

Have you seen Dr. Mark Cohen?

Horrible Doctor!!!

Posted on August 7th, 2012

I have never met a doctor so cold and uncaring. His bedside manner is horrible. He talks very fast and is always in a rush, making you feel uncomfortable asking any questions. During one visit, I asked a question and he clearly became irritated because he was on his way out the door to the next patient, after only being in the room with me for approximately 3 minutes. He then proceeded to discuss my confidential patient information in the hallway instead of coming back into the room. Not long after I left the office and got in my car, he came running out and jumped in his 460 LS Lexus and sped off in a hurry. This doctor literally spends 3-5 minutes with each patient. He is clearly in the business for money and not because he cares about you. The office charges you for everything, and I mean everything! The fee schedule for signing any documents is $20.00 to $40.00 per page. I believe someone on his staff or either he himself posted this excellent rating.

NEVER SEE THIS DR!!!!

Posted on January 4th, 2012

I only put one star because there's nothing lower! I took my 8 yr old daughter to see him for a knee injury. He treated her abusively with no regard for anything I tried to tell him. He was maybe in the office 5 minutes during which he acted like we were an annoying waste of his time. I had to yell out for him to stop as he was leaving the office so I could ask a question. He then answered me in a rude way as if I was stupid for asking. The worst thing about him is how horribly, uncaringly, rudely, and, I repeat, abusively he treated my little girl.No dr should get away with his actions.

<1 Star - Terrible Experience with Dr. Mark Cohen

Posted on January 4th, 2012

My wife took our 8yr old daughter in after she sustained an unknown knee injury at a playground. The x-rays two days ago showed no fracture or break however Dr. Cohen wasn't truly interested in this or any other previous information. He repeatedly asked questions without the patience of listening to the answer. He accused my daughter of not wanting to bend her knee as opposed to not being able to; then proceeded to force her to bend it until her heel touched the back of her thigh placing her is considerable pain! He spent maybe five minutes with my wife and daughter after making them wait an hour after the appointment time. My wife had to stop him as he walked out of the office spewing his diagnosis back at her while on the way to his next money-making opportunity (next patient). It's one thing to endure such arrogant disrespectful and abusive treatment as an adult, but quite another to watch a doctor do this to an 8yr old child! We will never set foot in Maryland Orthopedics again.

Very Dissatisfied Patient

Posted on October 8th, 2011

The entire time (um, 5 min?) I spent with Dr. Cohen I felt like I was wasting his time. He made me feel very insignificant and uncomfortable to ask any further questions about his diagnosis. I also found the use of the recording device down the hallway to be very unprofessional. The only good thing I have to say was that it was easy to get an appointment but I imagine this is so because nobody would like to be one of his patients!

an assembly line orthopedic practice

Posted on July 10th, 2010

If you would like to be treated like a car on an assembly line, Dr. Cohen is your man. I went to him with a shoulder ailment. He came into the room in a hurry and spent the least time possible diagnosing my problem. He made up his mind pretty quickly as to what my problem was, without really listening to what I was telling him. He then tried to give me a quick fix with a cortisone shot before I had any confidence that he had diagnosed the problem correctly. While I was there, I asked him about numbness in my fingers. He insisted it was carpal tunnel, even though his diagnostic technique (tapping on my wrist) produced no symptoms and in spite of the fact that the symptoms did not seem wrist - related.As we walked down the hall he broadcast his assessment of my diagnosis into his recording device, furthering the impersonal feeling of the office.We have used other doctors in this office as well; my overall assessment is fair at best.

Posted on September 12th, 2014