Diabetic Macular Edema
Get the facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types and the doctors and specialists who treat it.
- Chronic Dry Eye Facts about chronic dry eye, including the causes, symptoms & doctors.
- Contact Lens Care A complete overview of contact lenses.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Macular Degeneration Get the facts about macular degeneration.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Mark A Henry has the following 1 specialty
An ophthalmologist has the training to do much more than just prescribe glasses. They are physicians specially trained to diagnose and treat disorders of the eyes and vision. These doctors are experts on the complicated anatomy of the eye and are trained to treat eye diseases through both medical and surgical methods.
Some common conditions that ophthalmologists treat are cataracts, glaucoma, strabismus, diabetic retinopathy, macular degeneration and amblyopia. In addition, ophthalmologists can provide prescriptions for eye glasses and contact lenses and perform LASIK surgery and other corrective surgeries for refractive errors like myopia (near-sightedness), hyperopia (far-sightedness), astigmatism and presbyopia.
- Lens Implants (Intraocular Lens Implantation)
- Vision Issues
- Macular Degeneration
- Eye Pain
- Eye Exam
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Refractive Surgical Procedures
- Lasik Surgery
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 17
BE CAREFUL! IN MY OPINION THIS FELLOW AND HIS STAFF VERY CLEVERLY STEER HIS SURGERY CASES TO LAKE CUMBERLAND SURGICAL CENTER, OF WHICH HE IS PART OWNER, EVEN RESORTING TO LYING TO THE PATIENT RELATIVE TO THE SURGERY CENTER BEING IN NETWORK. IT DOESN'T BOTHER THEM TO LIE AS IT'S MORE MONEY IN THE DOCTOR'S POCKET, A LOT MORE. A DEFINITE LACK OF ETHICAL STANDARDS. SHOULD BE INVESTIGATED BY THE STATE MEDICAL BOARD!
32 Years Experience
University Of Kentucky College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1986
Clarian Health Partners
Dr. Mark A Henry accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsSouthern Ky Ophthalmology, 120 Tradepark Dr Ste A, Somerset, KY
Dr. Mark A Henry is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Somerset, KY.