Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Mark A Herman
Dr. Mark A Herman, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Rochester Hills, MI. He has 24 years of experience. His specialties include Surgery. Dr. Herman is affiliated with Henry Ford Macomb, Beaumont Hospital - Troy and DMC Detroit Receiving Hospital - University Health Center. Dr. Herman has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Mark A Herman has the following 1 specialty
- Laparoscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
Showing 5 of 14
Herman performed surgery on my leg while in the hospital. I felt the worst pain than ever before. I SCREAMED CONTINOUSLY DURING ENTIRE PROCEDURE. HE SHOWED NO CONCERN OR CARE ABOUT MY EXTREME PAIN. AFTER HE WAS DONE HE SAID NOTHING. AS HE WAS WALKING AWAY I ASKED HIM ABOUT CARE FOR MY OPEN WOUND, HE SAID WASH WITH SOAP, I SAID WHAT KIND OF SOAP.? HE SAID SOAP. AND WALKED OUT OF MY ROOM. THE WORST POSSIBLE SURGEON EVER. COCKY
Very frustrated. I was visited by this doctor and one other from premier surgical specialists in the hospital. I had a spinal fusion in four vertebrate. Pretty serious surgery. I do not remember this doctor, but I was billed for 5 visits. My insurance paid most of it. I disagrred with the visits, they turned a bill for $27.00 over to a collection agency. Who are these people???
I AM THE MOTHER OF A PATIENT. MY ADULT DAUGHTER WAS BROUGHT IN THE EMERGENCY ROOM AND NEEDED SURGERY. I SPOKE WITH DR HERMAN AFTER THE SURGERY AND WAS TALKED DOWN TO WITH EVERY QUESTION THAT WAS ASKED. I WILL NOT RECOMEND HIM TO ANYONE BECAUSE OF THE MANNER IN WHICH HE SPEAKS TO THE PATIENT AND REALTIVES THAT ARE CONCERNED AND TRYING TO UNDERSTAND. HE WOULD NOT LISTEN THAT MY DAUGHTER COULD NOT TAKE CARE OF THE OPEN WOUND BECAUSE OF THE LOCATION. THE PHYSICIANS ASSISTANT HAD TO COME IN AND PROVE TO HIM THAT SHE COULD NOT TAKE CARE OF THE WOUND PROPERLY. THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR NOT LISTENING TO WHAT THE PATIENT IS SAYING.
Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Herman is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
24 Years Experience
Wayne State University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1994
Henry Ford Health System
Dr. Mark A Herman accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- HAP Preferred PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsPremier Surgical Specialists, 1701 South Blvd E Ste 270, Rochester Hills, MI
Dr. Mark A Herman is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Rochester Hills, MI.