Dr. Mark Johnson Is this you?

3.9

Have you seen Dr. Mark Johnson?

Improved My Eyesight

Posted on November 3rd, 2017

After wearing glasses for over 60 years, I am pleased to say that I'm not totally dependent on glasses . . . just for reading. My experience with Dr. Johnson and his staff has always been positive. Thank you!

Excellent

Posted on October 28th, 2017

He is simply the BEST, Skill, Knowledge, Staff, Office & Care is EXCELLENT !

Attention issues

Posted on July 24th, 2017

Stay away from Mark Johnson! He is a disappointment. He does not listen to his patients concerns. He sees too many patients for cataract surgery and has no patience for his patients who are anxious about him cutting into their eye. Will be filing a formal complaint with the state of FL. May be that will get his attention.

Retired

Posted on September 19th, 2016

According to the AMA, physicians should treat their patients with respect and dignity. Calling a patient an a**hole does not fall into that category. During my cataract surgery he said, “pissing off your Doctor during surgery is not a good idea”, after surgery he said “why are you being an a**hole”, I replied “are you calling me an a**hole?” to which he said “yes”. Later that night he called, but did not apologize. Needless to say I switched Doctors and would never recommend him to any of my friends.

Posted on April 1st, 2016

Exceptional experience. Both doctor and staff went above and beyond. Office and exam rooms are impeccable. We are glad we chose Dr. Johnson.

Great Doc

Posted on January 31st, 2016

Dr. Johnson is great. Some don't like him because he's blunt and doesn't hold their hands. He has to tell you what you have to know about your cataracts and surgery etc. If you listen you really don't have too many more questions really. Some don't like him because they want to shall we say consult with him about their eyes. Well people, your not an eye doc and he is. His staff likes him, and they're wonderful. He even made a few jokes in surgery, and in the office. Yay!!! Dr J was the Air Force eye guy for 8 years I think. Those flyguys need to see to pilot a plane, so that's good enough for me. If you need catarct surgery he's the best in this area and probably in the state. The only con is, now that I can see again I can see all the wrinkles in my face, OMG Hahaha

Stay away from Johnson for cataract surgery.

Posted on November 2nd, 2015

This doctor will tell you that cataract surgery can cause issues but not to worry as one way or the other he will get it fixed. He ruined my vision. I see much worse than ever. In my year follow-up appointment he said my left eye was "as good as it was going to get". Nothing was wrong with that eye prior to his surgery. Now, it's cloudy and if I had to see though it only, I couldn't drive. His best suggestion, get glasses. I never wore glasses in my life, except for readers, prior to him messing up my eyes. Stay away, far away from him.

Posted on May 17th, 2015

Very weird guy - and arrogant as well. Don't get glasses there! The optomitrist doesn't listen, insists you are seeing properly through the glasses and sends you away.. I had to waste my time going back three times before finally going to Dr. Johnson who had her correct the problem. Way too much trouble - don't waste your time.

Posted on May 13th, 2015

My cataract surgery was a dream procedure and my world is a brighter place thanks to Dr Mark Johnson of Venice, FL! Thank you, Doctor and staff!

Arrogant and Insulting

Posted on May 12th, 2015

Dr. Mark Johnson is the most arrogant, insulting and abusive doctor I have ever met. His demeanor made him appear as if he was on drugs. She checked my eyes with my eyes dilated and my glasses on.

Trust Dr. Johnson with my life!

Posted on May 4th, 2015

Dr. Johnson has taken great care of my family for years. It is always a pleasure going to see him because he is kind, caring, and funny. Dr. Johnson spends plenty of time with me, and answers all of my questions. I recommend Dr. Johnson to all of my friends.

He told me "I don't like you"

Posted on May 3rd, 2015

I am reviewing Mark on behalf of my mother, who just had a horrible experience with Dr. Johnson's attitude on her visit for a retina scan. After the scan, he was quick to inform her that she had cataracts and was trying to coerce her into committing to a surgery immediately. When she was unsure, he was very rude with her. He at one point compared their conversation to a bad date and informed her that he did not like her. I am quite disgusted at this treatment and I think he should apologize to her. DO the right thing Dr. Johnson