Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Mark A Taylor
Dr. Mark A Taylor, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Savannah, GA, with other offices in Savannah, GA and Savannah, GA (and 1 other location). He has 22 years of experience. His specialties include Medical Oncology, Hematology, Hematology & Oncology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Taylor has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Mark A Taylor has the following 4 specialties
- Medical Oncology
Think of an oncologist as your main physician for cancer care. After being diagnosed, you’ll meet regularly with an oncologist to explore and manage your treatment options, as well as monitor your condition throughout the process. Medical oncologists are extremely knowledgeable in various types of cancer treatment and can recommend the right method for the type and stage of cancer you’re facing.
They may also refer you to additional specialists throughout your care, but they will always be your home base for questions and support. It’s also worth mentioning that medical oncologists deal mostly with solid tumors while hematologists specialize in cancers that involve blood disorders, such as leukemia.
A hematology specialist is an expert in disorders of the blood, the blood forming organs and bone marrow. These doctors diagnose, treat and work to prevent diseases that affect the production of blood and its components, as well as the ability of the blood to perform its many functions, such as coagulation and carrying oxygen to the lungs and tissue.
Hematologists diagnose and treat blood disorders, such as anemia, hemophilia, leukemia, sickle cell anemia, deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolism.
Depending on the condition, hematology specialists may treat a patient with a blood transfusion, stem cell transplantation, bone marrow transplant, radiotherapy, anticoagulation therapy or medication.
- Hematology & Oncology
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Hepatitis C
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Hodgkin's Lymphoma
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Chronic B-Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 25
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2015, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
22 Years Experience
Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University
Graduated in 1996
Medical College Of Georgia
Dr. Mark A Taylor accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Anthem Blue Open Access POS Alternate Network
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice HMO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Open Access POS
- BCBS GA BlueChoice Option POS
BCBS South Carolina
- BCBS South Carolina
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry CoventryOne - GA
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Mark A Taylor in this video.
Dr. Mark A Taylor is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Savannah, GA.