Dr. Mark A Thoma Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Mark A Thoma?

Fabulous Doctor

Dr. Thoma has been my daughters doctor since birth. Very kind and straight to the point kind of doctor. He came to the hospital to meet us the day after she was born. Soon we will have to move from Delaware to Columbus, but I will make the drive when needed to see our wonderful Dr. Thoma!

Great doctor

My oldest son has been seen by Dr Thoma since he was 5 y old he is now 13. My youngest son has seen Dr Thoma since birth and he is almost 4 years old. I've only had one issue arise from Dr Thoma but I must remind you doctors are human beings and make mistakes too. Do I think Dr Thoma is great at his job...Yes. Do I believe he rushes through his appointments...sometimes. Do I believe he has good bedside manner...absolutely. I have not one bad thing to say about him or his practice. I've always been able to get a last minute appointment when needed. Every time I've had to call the on-call, I've always got a call back asap, weather it was 10pm or a holiday.

Beware of this pediatrician....

In my opinion Dr. Thoma has a lot of room to improve (to say the least). For me his bedside manner is short and rushed. Several times he refused to give my children the care they needed because of the fact that we recieve Medicaid... He said some things that made me feel less than because of my insurance. I felt as though he was being bothered by my presence in his office because of how he was acting. Finally, on several occasions Dr. Thoma missed extremely important diagnoses which could've had a terrible ending if I had not been so persistent with finding answers for my child (from another doctor). In one instance I asked him a specific question several times about my newborn. He would give me the same answer each time, "Wait until after he is a year old and then I will evaluate it." My intuition told me that was not correct so I took my son to a specialist at children's hospital. Found out that if I would've waited a year my son would have needed surgery (definitely) and could have had learning delays. I was told that this condition MUST be treated before 6 MONTHS of age. It scares me that this man is a doctor. Most parents take the pediatrician's word as gospel and would be taking a big risk trusting him. Left the practice and would not recommend to anyone.

Horriable!

Uncaring and only is concerned with making money. Had my daughter on antibiotics 3 times in 2 months and come to find out it was a SKIN DISORDER! she wont be going back to him plus his attitude is horriable and he has been rude on more then one occasion. No thanks!

I was very disappointed with my son's last visit to Dr. Thoma. My son had a wart that I asked about removing. His previous doctor burned the warts off and we were charged my co-pay for the office visit only. Dr. Thoma offered to put a dab of a solution on the wart. He neglected to tell me that the charge would be $150 and would not be covered by my co-pay. I called the billing department and his office and Dr. Thoma refused to take off the charge. The solution did not even work and the wart is still there. I realize that the argument is that doctors do not know the ins and outs of insurance. However, I believe he had a duty to advise me of the cost. I NEVER would have consented to this treatment if I had dreamed there would be this kind of charge. In my opinion, doctors do have a duty to discuss costs with their patients. I was very disappointed with Dr. Thoma and will not return.

Really Great!

We adore Dr. Thoma! He is great with our daughter; he really seems to care how she is doing and he is very friendly and personable. I'm a new mom and he answers my questions politely and never makes me feel like my questions are dumb. The staff in the office are great too, always very friendly and courteous on the phone. I have never had an issue getting an appointment, and we haven't had to wait more than 5 minutes beyond our appointment time. I feel really blessed to have Dr. Thoma in Delaware!